Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs and postcards of Chatham Manor in Fredericksburg, Virginia, owned by John Lee Pratt (1879-1975) and Lillian Thomas Pratt (1876-1947) with gardens designed by American female landscape designer, Ellen Biddle Shipman (1869-1950). Included in the collection are images of the manor house, gardens and grounds as well as people; some are possibly Pratt family members and household employees. The collection also contains a numbered index that Tankard created to...
Dates: 1930-2017, undated; Majority of material found within 1930-1947
Scope and Contents This collection contains landscape drawings, plant lists, concept and site plans, and surveys that provide details of work done by Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc., as well as earlier work with Daugherty/Anderson and Associates. The work of a few other architects is included such as Edward L. Daugherty and E. S. Draper. The majority of projects are of residential landscapes.
Scope and Contents This collection contains 28 glass lantern slides of historic gardens and estate landscape plans primarily from the Southeast. Images include historic sites such as Biltmore Estate (North Carolina), Casulon Plantation (Georgia), Magnolila Gardens (South Carolina), and Middleton Garden (South Carolina). Also a part of the collection are corresponding typed index cards by an unknown author. The index cards, labeled "American Gardens," describe the slides with regards to American garden history...
Dates: approximately 1930-1940
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of chiefly residential properties in Atlanta and other cities in Georgia and North Carolina. Some of the drawings from 1982-1985 were created by Franklin-Smith Associates of which Smith was a landscape architect. Also part of the collection is a business poster and landscape plans for parks and a subdivision. Of special interest are drawings for the Schlaifer residence in Atlanta and the Williamson residence, Salubrity Hall, in Augusta.
Dates: 1976-2013, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains contracts, correspondence, invoices, and task lists that detail landscape projects and involvement with clients. Also a part of the collection are landscape plans and plant lists. Of special interest is a portfolio of completed landscape work for the Schlaifer residence in the Tuxedo Park neighborhood of Atlanta.
Dates: 1976-2015, undated
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 5
- Gardens -- Design 4
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- Virginia 1
- Children -- 1930-1940 1
- Children -- 1940-1950 1
- Dogs -- 1930-1940 1
- Dogs -- 1940-1950 1
- Garden ornaments and furniture -- Virginia 1
- Garden structures -- Virginia 1
- Gardens -- 1930-1940 1
- Gardens -- 1940-1950 1
- Gardens -- Design -- History 1
- Gardens, American -- History 1
- Historic buildings -- Virginia 1
- Historic gardens -- Southern States 1
- Historic gardens -- Virginia -- Fredericksburg 1
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 1
- Landscape architecture -- Southern States 1
- Landscape architecture -- Virginia 1
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Roses -- Varieties 1
- Urban gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Women household employees -- Virginia -- Fredericksburg 1
- Women landscape architects -- United States 1 ∧ less
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 4
- Franklin-Smith Associates 3
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- Anderson, Richard, 1947- 1
- Chatham Manor (Fredericksburg, Va.) 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Daugherty/Anderson and Associates 1
- Hitchcock, Susan L. 1
- Pratt Family 1
- Pratt, John Lee, 1879-1975 1
- Pratt, Lillian Thomas, 1876-1947 1
- Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc. 1
- Shipman, Ellen, 1869-1950 1
- Tankard, Judith B. 1
- William T. Smith and Associates Inc. 1 ∧ less