Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 81
Collection number: ahc.MSS405
Scope and Content This collection consists of club minutes, membership lists, newspaper clippings, and organizational documents.
Dates: 1909-1967, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS191
Scope and Content The collection, in its original format, is a single reel of 8mm black and white acetate film. The film captures three separate events in the Atlanta area: Lucky Teter performing automobile stunts at Lakewood Speedway; landings and takeoffs at Candler Field; and a portion of the Gone With the Wind premiere celebrations. The first four and a half minutes of the film documents a portion of the Lucky Teter performance at Lakewood Speedway. This segment captures...
Collection number: ahc.MSS458f
Scope and Content This letter describes Robert E. Stowers' recollections of life in Atlanta, Georgia, during the 1920s.
Collection number: ahc.VIS189
Scope and Content The collection, in its original format, is a single reel of spliced 16mm black and white, and color film shot by Russell Bellman during the festivities and premiere of Gone With the Wind. The beginning of the footage captures the Atlanta Junior League Ball at the Atlanta Municipal Auditorium and was shot in black and white and color. Bellman shot the black and white portion from an elevated position panning the auditorium grandstands and floor area. The color...
Collection number: ahc.MSS218f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook of invitations, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings regarding deaths, weddings, anniversaries, and social events in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS304
Scope and Content This collection consists of a single scrapbook that primarily contains newspaper clippings. It contains a few newspaper clippings on the Sheehan family but it mostly covers social and political news in Georgia and Paris, France.
Collection number: ahc.MSS494
Scope and Content This collection contains a single scrapbook compiled by the neighborhood club. Included in the scrapbook are photographs, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and announcements. The scrapbook includes material from 1976 to 1982.
Collection number: ahc.VIS158
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains images of people, places, and events, most of whom were represented in news stories and other features in Southline. Images of people include political and civic leaders, religious leaders, professionals, entertainers, journalists and authors, athletes, and the general public. Among the photographs are images of Marvin Arrington, Roy Barnes, Julian Bond, Mike Bowers, Bill Campbell, Shirley Franklin, Pierre Howard, Maynard Jackson, Joseph Lowry, Billy McKinney, Benjamin...
Dates: circa 1985-1989, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1015
Scope and Content This collection contains corporate records of Southline Press, and includes advertising and administrative records, published articles, and research files. Advertising records include advertising copy, sales records, advertising rates, and sales invoices. Administrative records contain budgets, contracts, reader surveys, and correspondence of Southline publisher Todd Evans. The remainder of the collection consists of drafts and copies of articles published in...
Dates: 1959-1988, undated; Majority of material found within 1985 - 1988
Collection number: ahc.MSS295
Scope and Content This collection consists of one scrapbook containing newspaper clippings regarding Atlanta, Georgia's social growth, and the South's transformation after the Civil War.
Collection number: ahc.MSS821
Scope and Content This collection consists of thirteen scrapbooks from the Upsilon Chapter of Phi Chi Theta, containing newspaper clippings, photographs, and correspondence documenting the activities and interests of the chapter.
Collection number: ahc.MSS395
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of wedding invitations. The bulk of the invitations were sent to the Slaton and Grant families and to Mr. and Mrs. Waldo Jones and Mrs. John S. B. Woolford.
Dates: 1867-1981, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS130
Scope and Content This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Wilbur G. Kurtz, Sr. The bulk of the personal papers pertain to the Kurtz and Fuller families and Wilbur's early adult life in Greencastle, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois. The personal papers also contain a series of diaries written by Wilbur and correspondence between Kurtz and Fuller family members.This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Wilbur G. Kurtz, Sr. The bulk of the personal papers pertain...
Dates: 1814-1993, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS92
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection contains a series of letters concerning the William Fuller’s involvement in the “Great Locomotive Chase” and correspondence between William Fuller and members of his family. In the years following the locomotive chase, several individuals claimed some involvement in the event and others exaggerated their involvement.Many of the letters Captain Fuller received requested confirmation of the events reported and the extent of their involvement. In time, Captain Fuller composed a...
Collection number: ahc.VIS194
Scope and Content The footage, in its original format, is one reel of black and white acetate 16mm film. The film is edited from several individual reels and includes title and story cards. The first several minutes of the film captures the arrival of the principal actors and studio executives as they disembark at Atlanta Municipal Airport and proceed down the streets of Atlanta. There are many close-up shots of principal actors including Olivia De Havilland, Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Ona Munson, and Laura...
Collection number: ahc.VIS190
Scope and Content The collection, in its original format, is a single reel of 16mm black and white acetate film shot by William J. Folsom during the premiere events for Gone With the Wind. The majority of the film was shot at a ball hosted by the Atlanta Junior League at the Atlanta Municipal Auditorium in downtown Atlanta. There are many close-up shots of principal actors from the film including Olivia De Havilland, Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Ona Munson, and Laura Hope Crews....
Collection number: ahc.MSS435
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of one scrapbook and one funeral notice for William Richard Venable.
Dates: 1873, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS161
Scope and Content This collection contains clippings, correspondence, and scrapbooks related to the life of the Moores. Included in the collection are diaries of Mrs. Moore as well as two wedding books from the Moore's wedding in 1895.
Collection number: ahc.MSS637
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection consists of tape recorded interviews of Atlantans used to create fifty programs titledLiving Atlanta: Atlanta Life from World War I through World War II, and the programs themselves, which aired on WRFG Radio in Atlanta, Georgia. The programs were composed of excerpts from the interviews connected by music and explanatory narration. During the course of the project, hundreds of Atlantans were interviewed, resulting in approximately...
Dates: 1977-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS437
Scope and Content These papers consist of minutes and scrapbooks. One scrapbook details the movie premier of I'd climb the Highest Mountain that the group sponsored.
Dates: 1929-1974, undated
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs X
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hartsfield, William Berry 3
- Junior League of Atlanta 3
- Adams family 2
- American Red Cross 2
- Arrington, Marvin S. 2
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Pioneer Women's Society 2
- Blanchard, Mary H. 2
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 2
- Cathedral of Christ the King (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- De Havilland, Olivia 2
- Fuller family 2
- Fuller, William Allen 2
- Gable, Clark, 1901-1960 2
- Grant, Sallie Fannie (Sarah Frances Reid), 1839-1920 2
- Haverty Furniture Companies 2
- Haverty family 2
- Haverty's Furniture Company 2
- Haverty, Clarence (James Clarence) 2
- Haverty, Elizabeth Rawson 2
- Haverty, J. J. (James Joseph) 2
- Haverty, Rawson (James Rawson), 1920-2007 2
- Kurtz, Annie Laurie Fuller, 1884-1946 2
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 2
- Leigh, Vivien 2
- Lombard, Carole 2
- Middleton family 2
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 2
- Munnerlyn family 2
- National Retail Furniture Association (U.S.) 2
- Rawson family 2
- Rhodes-Haverty Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Infirmary (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Southline (Newspaper) 2
- Southline Press, Inc. 2
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 2
- 688 Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Aaron, Betty 1
- Ackerman, A. K. 1
- Adams, Charles Clyde, 1900-1959 1
- Adams, Charles Matthew, 1871-1945 1
- Adams, Hugh B., 1865-1916 1
- Adams, Nancy Ann Holt, 1860-1942 1
- Allen, Frederick, 1948- 1
- Amara, Lucine, 1924- 1
- Ambrose, Jim 1
- Apollo Social Club, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Archambault, Charlie 1
- Arkwright family 1
- Arkwright, Dorothy Colquitt 1
- Arnett, Bill 1
- Arrowood, Bertha Harwood 1
- Art Institute of Atlanta 1
- Askerooth, Almeda Leona 1
- Askew, Jeff D. 1
- Atkinson, W. Y. (William Yates), 1854-1899 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Bach Choir 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Chamber Players 1
- Atlanta Chess Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta International Raceway (Hampton, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Musical Association (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Peachtree Chorus 1
- Atlanta Rhythm Section (Musical group) 1
- Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austin, Paul 1
- Banks, Carolyn 1
- Baptist Church of Bethlehem (Bethlehem, Ga.) 1
- Barnes, Roy E. (Roy Eugene), 1948- 1
- Barrow, Willie T. (Willie Taplin), 1924-2015 1
- Beautiful Restaurant (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bell and Stanton Public Relations (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Bellman, Russell 1
- Bernhardt, Sarah, 1844-1923 1
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Blanchard, Martha Lane Hill 1
- Blanchard, Moses C. 1
- Blanchard, Waid Hill 1
- Booker T. Washington High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brame, Charles 1
- Bressler, Celia 1
- Brooks, Tyrone 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Brown, Harriet Elizabeth Johnson, 1869-1951 1
- Brown, Sally Eugenia, 1862-1942 1
- CAUTION, Inc. 1
- Calhoun, Emily Bealer 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carlisle family 1
- Carlisle, James Cosby 1 ∧ less