Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content This collection contains a handwritten speech by an unknown author delivered to representatives of the Georgia State Agricultural Society at an annual meeting in Hawkinsville, Georgia. The speech welcomes members to Pulaski County, Georgia, and describes the state of agriculture in Georgia. The collection also contains fragments of an undated speech from an unidentified medical association meeting.
Dates: 1879, undated
Scope and Content The collection contains a handwritten version and a typed copy of a speech titled "The North Georgia Cracker as a Citizen and Farmer," which Howard W. Newman presented at a meeting of the Georgia State Agricultural Society in Waycross, Georgia, in 1888. In the speech, Newman humorously describes the inhabitants of North Georgia through personal anecdotes. The printed copy of the speech indicates that the audience applauded throughout.
Dates: 1888, undated
Scope and Content The collection contains images of individuals associated with the 1915 Southeastern Fair. Include are photographs of Ivan E. Allen Sr., who served as vice president; Brooks Morgan, the executive councilman; and Mayor James G. Woodward, who served as executive councilman.
Dates: approximately 1915, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains material that documents the creation, activities, and dissolution of the Southeastern Fair Association, later called the Atlanta Fair and Exposition Center, Inc. Records include bylaws, charter contracts, lease agreements with the City of Atlanta, meeting minutes, accounts, and other administrative documents that illustrate the structure, function, and operations of the organization. The collection also contains correspondence between various members of the board of...
Dates: 1915-1978, undated
- Subject: Agriculture -- Societies, etc. X
- 4-H Clubs -- Georgia 1
- Agricultural exhibitions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Cattle -- Showing -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Farmers -- Georgia 1
- Georgia -- History -- 19th century -- Social conditions 1
- Hawkinsville (Ga.) -- History 1
- Lakewood Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Livestock exhibitions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Medicine -- Georgia 1
- Portrait photography 1
- Portraits, American -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Pulaski County (Ga.) 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 2
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 2
- Georgia State Agricultural Society 2
- Southeastern Fair Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1