Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content This collection contains an invitation for the wedding between Beth Imogene Chandler, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gladstone Lewis Chandler, and Reverend Theodore John Watson, Jr. on August 29, 1964. The couple married in the Cathedral of St. Phillip. Ms. Chandler was the first African American woman married in a predominantly white church in Atlanta, Georgia.
Scope and Content This collection contains material collected by Enid Bryan Stephens and John Calhoun Stephens. Items include a driver's license, diploma, certificates, ordinations, programs, stickers, and a newspaper clipping. The collection also includes a program from the Nightingale play, war maps for the European and Pacific Theaters, and a copy of "Saddler's Railroad Time Book for the Use of Engineers and Firemen."
Dates: 1930-1980, undated
- Names: Cathedral of St. Philip (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- African Americans -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Railroads -- Timetables 1
- Segregation -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Weddings -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women 1
- Chamblee High School (Ga.) 1
- Chandler, Beth Imogene 1
- Chi Omega Fraternity 1
- Community Playhouse (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Atlanta 1