Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content The Atlanta Public Library records include correspondence and newsclippings documenting the construction of the original library and the commissioning of a marble bust of Andrew Carnegie by sculptor Gaetano Trentanove. The records also include newsclippings regarding the controversy over the decision to demolish the original library building.
Scope and Content This collection primarily contains materials pertaining to Alexander McGhee Wallace’s involvement in the Civil War and Anne Wallace Howland’s contributions to the Carnegie Library of Atlanta. The materials include correspondence, datebooks, diaries, genealogical records, periodicals, programs, and newspaper clippings. This collection also contains a scrapbook assembled in memory of Alexander McGhee Wallace, a scrapbook pertaining to Anne Wallace Howland, several certificates and diplomas...
Dates: 1836-1987, undated
- Sculpture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women in community development -- Georgia 1
- Carnegie Library of Atlanta 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Drexel Institute of Art, Science, and Industry 1
- Drexel Institute of Technology 1