Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection number: ahc.MSS221
Scope and Contents of the Records The artificial collection documents through a booklet, correspondence, an invitation, programs, war savings bonds and other printed material the efforts of Atlantans, among them Margaret Mitchell, to support and commemorate the third and fourth iterations of the U.S.S. Atlanta, primarily between 1941 and 1946. To a lesser extent, the activities of these two naval cruisers are documented through a printed summary and naval communications. The collection does not contain material related to...
Dates: 1941-1946, 1979, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS753f
Scope and Content
This collection contains one certificate for the purchase of war savings bonds to sponsor the United States military efforts during World War II. This particular bond was sold to build a new cruiser, called Atlanta, in 1943.
- Armored vessels -- United States 1
- Savings bonds -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- Georgia 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 1
- Atlanta (Light cruiser : CL-51) 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 1
- United States. Department of the Treasury 1
- United States. Navy 1