Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection number: ahc.MSS415
Scope and Content This collection consists of organizational records that document activities leading up to the annual dinner and awards ceremony. Also included are agendas, correspondence, programs, and newspaper clippings. There are scrapbooks that contain photographs and newspaper clippings regarding the awards ceremony.
Dates: 1943-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS366
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs and maps that provide details about the Harper family. Most of the images depict Adelle Harper in her numerous roles as businesswoman and florist, author, genealogist, and mother. Also included are photographs of her husband, John, their children, and other family members at school settings, family gatherings, and in front of their various Atlanta residences. Of special note are images of Adelle and Auverne Harper at a Woman of the Year award reception.
Collection number: ahc.VIS174
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection contains portraits of H. G. Hastings and Pearl M. Freeborn Hastings. A group photograph of a United States delegation to Mexico includes H. G. Hastings, Pearl M. Freeborn Hastings and their three sons. Louise Brown Hastings appears in a group photograph of the 1961 Women of the Year. A photograph documenting an autographing event for The Southern Garden Book features Louise Brown Hastings, Donald M. Hastings, Sr. and their daughter, Mary Louise...
Dates: ca. 1905-1961, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1185
Scope and Content The collection contains records from the Atlanta Historical Society, the Rotary Club of Atlanta, and the Yaarab Temple of Atlanta. Items include biographies of Presidents Thomas Jefferson and Warren Harding, a short story titled "The Poppies of Wu Fong," and newspaper clippings, mostly about Ruth Blair (1889-1974) being named as Woman of the Year in 1956.
Dates: 1914-1967, undated
- Names: Atlanta's Woman of the Year Organization (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Autographing -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1940-1950 1
- Business records -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Civic leaders -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1920-1930 1
- Clothing and dress -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Diplomats -- United States 1
- Florists -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Flower arrangement -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardens -- 1930-1940 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Men -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less