Atlanta Council of International Organizations documents
Collection number: ahc.MSS1187
Scope and Content
This collection contains informational documents for international visitors and their integration into American society; correspondence concerning international visitors; Council by-laws, membership lists, meeting minutes, and background information; newsletters and newspaper clippings from The Atlanta Constitution andOdyssey International; and research documents tracking international influence on Atlanta.
- 1972-1995, undated
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Atlanta Council of International Organizations, Inc. (ACIO) was founded in 1976 as a local non-profit, community service organization. Its purpose was to identify and bring together all of Atlanta's international organizations so that they might better communicate and support each other in developing the international dimensions of Atlanta's growth. ACIO produced a monthly newsletter, The Dateline, which informed membership about activities and events organized by other international organizations. They also published the Atlanta Multicultural Directory and were one of thirteen organizations that served on Atlanta's Committee on International Relations.
0.834 linear ft. (two document cases and one oversize folder)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2019.
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia
- Atlanta Council for International Visitors
- Atlanta Council of International Organizations (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Cultural relations
- International economic relations
- International relations
- International relations specialists -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- International travel
- Visitors, Foreign -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Atlanta Council of International Organizations documents
- Allison Maier
- July 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.