Reeves Studios Photographs
Scope and Contents of the Records
This collection is a blend of photographs that includes images of businesses in Atlanta, Georgia, and portraits of individuals. Some of the businesses include Buick Motor Company, Chevrolet Motor Company, Southern Agricultural Corporation, West Lumber Company, Seydel-Wooley Company, Silvers Brothers Company, Dahl’s Florist, Exposition Cotton Mills, Cathcart Van and Storage Company, Westview Cemetery, and Blackman Health Resort, which was a sanitarium. Included among these images are interior views of the General Motors plant showing assembly line activities, and also interior views of the Exposition Cotton Mills. Portraits of individuals include Walter P. Andrews, G. F. Willis, and a group of telephone operators for Southern Bell and Telegraph Company.
- 1925-1930, undated
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Reeves Studios was a photography service specializing in commercial photography and portraiture. The business was founded in 1914 by Walter and C. Walton Reeves. Its original location was 91 ½ Whitehall Avenue, but the firm changed locations many times. The business last appeared in the Atlanta city directory in 1984.
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is alphabetical according to titles supplied by staff.
Gift of Charles Knapp, 1976 (1976.146).
Location of Originals
This collection contains copy prints of original negatives where indicated in the inventory. Patrons will be given access to copy prints only.
General Physical Description note
56 black and white photographic prints and 56 negatives
Collection processed in 2007.
- Andrews, Walter P.
- Assembly-line methods -- 1920-1930
- Avondale Estates (Ga.)
- Bathing suits -- 1920-1930
- Burt family -- Monuments--Georgia--Atlanta
- Cemeteries -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Factories -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1920-1930
- Monuments & memorials -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Payne family -- Monuments--Georgia--Atlanta
- Swimming pools -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Vandergriff, B. B.
- Water tanks -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Willis, G. F.
- Reeves Studios Photographs, 1925-1930, undatedahc.VIS 162
- Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
- August 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note