Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Collection number: ahc.MSS1103
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, newspapers, reports, and documents pertaining to the Atlanta Cyclorama and Civil War Museum, the history of the Atlanta Campaign of 1864, and the history of the Battle of Atlanta painting. Documents contained within this collection pertain to the maintenance and restoration of the painting as well as operation of the museum. These materials include correspondence between museum executives and conservators, office memos, research, narration scripts, and...
Collection number: ahc.VIS267
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs including parts of the painting depicting the Battle of Atlanta, portraits of generals, museum displays, creation and maintenance of the painting, and staff. Also included are photographs from Civil War reenactments and commemorations, museum events, the Cyclorama in Gettysburg, and Georgia landmarks such as Stone Mountain and the Old State Capitol in Milledgeville. Of special interest are maps of Civil War battles; a Cyclorama elevation plan; a Cyclorama...
Collection number: ahc.MSS645f
Scope and Content The Cyclorama records include correspondence regarding the establishment and funding for a permanent home for the Cyclorama in Grant Park.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1023
Scope and Content The collection is primarily comprised of materials generated to promote the painting and solicit attendance. Also included is correspondence and invitations to special events hosted at the Atlanta Cyclorama site. There are other materials related to reports generated in advance of the restoration project and rededication of the painting and presentations in relation to interpretation at the site.
Collection number: ahc.MSS540
Scope and Content This collection contains log books, progress reports, a copy of a master's thesis on panoramic paintings, temperature and humidity readings, and dedication ceremony programs and press releases.
Collection number: ahc.MSS515
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence to and from the Georgia Historical Commission, the Georgia National Register Board, the National Register Board, and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources regarding placing the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama on the Historic Register. The majority of the material focuses on the restoration of the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama.
Collection number: ahc.MSS825
Scope and Content This collection contains all the records available from the Cyclorama Restoration project. These consist of the following: a copy of the conveyance of the painting to the city of Atlanta, the establishment of the charter and by-laws, Board of Directors, minutes of meetings, and financial records. There is also a record of correspondence, news clippings, and an alphabetical listing of the contributors to the renovation project.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1020
Scope and Content This collection contains primarily the personal and professional papers of Beverly Means DuBose, Jr. The bulk of the personal papers document DuBose's military service in the United States Navy. There is an assortment of training materials and periodicals issued by a variety of military agencies. Also included in this series are a few presentations given by DuBose and materials pertaining to the anti-communism movement in the United States in the early 1960s. The professional papers...
Collection number: ahc.MSS998
Scope and Content The collection primarily contains materials pertaining to the activities of Captain Francis DeGress during and after the Civil War. Some of the documents include personal accounts of battle activities by Captain DeGress, field reports, military certificates, correspondence, official records of DeGress' Battery, and ledgers documenting clothing accounts for soldiers under his command. Of special interest is a letter from Theodore Davis to Mrs. Francis DeGress describing Captain DeGress'...
Collection number: ahc.VIS353
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of scenes in Atlanta, Georgia, taken by Harriette Speer Parker and her father, Eustace Asbury Speer. Of special note are photographs of the Great Fire of Atlanta in 1917, the Festival of Old Atlanta in the late 1960s, and negatives of aerial photographs of downtown Atlanta. The photographs taken by Eustace Asbury Speer include images of the State Revenue Department personnel in 1927, Piedmont Park, and the Atlanta skyline. Also featured are family...
Collection number: ahc.MSS72
Scope and Content This collection includes daily cost and progress reports created during the construction of the diorama of the Cyclorama and other pertinent documents.
Collection number: ahc.VIS281
Scope and Content This collection contains images of historic buildings: the Georgia State Capitol and Second Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia; a group on the veranda of the National Hotel in Dalton, Georgia; and a group posing near Tallulah Falls. Other images feature Mr. and Mrs. Amory Brown of Macon, Georgia; a wedding cake trimmed by Mrs. Amory Brown; Brown Park in Canton, Georgia; and several images of the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama painting.
Collection number: ahc.MSS739
Scope and Content This collection contains material pertaining to the restoration of the Atlanta Cyclorama, including invoices, receipts, newspaper clippings, employee information, payrolls, bank statements, and correspondence.
Collection number: ahc.VIS197
Scope and Content This collection contains the family photographs of the Kurtz and Fuller families as well as visual materials Kurtz created and collected during the course of his career. Family photographs pertain to Kurtz and Fuller families as well as a few images from Annie Pye Kurtz prior to her marriage to Wilbur Sr. Also included are images of Wilbur Sr. and friends during his time in Chicago, Illinois. The bulk of this collection is photographic materials which support the research and field work...
- Subject: Cycloramas -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 13
- Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum. 4
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 3
- Berger, Gustav A. 2
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 2
- Historical Conservation Project, Inc. 2
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 2
- Lee, Robert E., (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 2
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barnett, Crawford, Mrs. 1
- Brown, Amory 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Civil War Centennial Commission of Illinois 1
- Civil War Round Table, Atlanta 1
- Coca-Cola Company 1
- Confederate States of America. Ordnance Bureau 1
- Cyclorama Restoration, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889 1
- De Havilland, Olivia 1
- DeGress, Francis, 1840-1883 1
- Delta Air Lines 1
- Dodson, John W. 1
- DuBose, Beverly Means, 1886-1953 1
- Dubose, Beverly Means 1
- Edmondson, Elizabeth P. 1
- Emory University 1
- Felton, Rebecca Latimer 1
- Ferguson, Tom 1
- Fuller family 1
- Fuller, William Allen 1
- Gable, Clark, 1901-1960 1
- Georgia (Ironclad) 1
- Georgia Historical Commission 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology 1
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia. Department of Natural Resources (1972-) 1
- Georgia. Department of Revenue 1
- Georgia. Militia--History--Personal narratives 1
- Hardage, Lucinda 1
- Howard, Leslie 1
- International Panorama and Diorama Society 1
- Jones, Robert 1
- Junior League of Atlanta 1
- Kerksis, Sydney C. 1
- Kurtz, Annie Laurie Fuller, 1884-1946 1
- Kurtz, Annie Laurie, 1921- 1
- Kurtz, Annie Rachel Pye, 1895-1985 1
- Kurtz, Eugene 1
- Kurtz, Wilbur, 1912-1991 1
- Ladies' Memorial Association 1
- Leigh, Vivien 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Llorens, Joseph Victor 1
- Long, Stephen H. (Stephen Harriman) 1
- Longstreet, James 1
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, La.) 1
- Marshall, Fannie Calhoun 1
- McDaniel, Hattie 1
- McQueen, Butterfly 1
- National Bank of Georgia 1
- National Register of Historic Places 1
- Parker, Harriette Speer, 1923-2011 1
- Pattillo Lumber Company 1
- Ponce De Leon Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Rich's (Retail store) 1
- Second Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Shenandoah (Cruiser) 1
- Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization) 1
- Speer, Eustace Asbury, 1897-1967 1
- Stroup Furnace (Bartow County, Ga.) 1
- Tennessee. Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 1
- Zoo Atlanta 1 ∧ less