Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection number: ahc.VIS147
Scope and Contents of the Records These photographs depict the aftermath of a fire at Loew’s Grand Theatre in Atlanta. Included are photographs of the exterior of the building, interior light fixtures, the lobby area, theatre seating, and the theatre stage area, all damaged by the fire.
Collection number: ahc.VIS111
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of photographs of downtown Atlanta, Georgia, and include images of Terminal Station, Underground Atlanta, and Loew’s Grand Theatre. Photographs of Terminal Station were taken in 1971 shortly before it closed and include images of the front façade and architectural details. Photographs of Underground At businesses that were in the area. Photographs of Loew’s Grand Theatre were taken on the day it caught fire in 1978 and include images of the fire in progress and the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS724
Scope and Content This collection contains ephemera and memorabilia pertaining to the novel Gone With the Wind and it's film adaptation. Documents primarily include articles, newspapers and clippings, scrapbooks, and paper dolls. These materials documents the life of Margaret Mitchell Marsh, the publication of the book, the Atlanta premier of the movie, and the legacies of all three. Also included is a partial run of the German serialization of the novel that ran in...
Collection number: ahc.VIS150
Scope and Contents of the Records These images were taken by Norman F. Bielowicz of Decatur, Georgia and depict the fire that occurred on January 30, 1978 at the Loew’s Grand Theatre in Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1110
Scope and Content This collection contains material collected by and about Tom Watson Brown. There are reviews and critiques of the television documentary The Murder of Mary Phagan that aired on NBC in 1988; speeches given by Brown at the Confederate Memorial Day service in Stone Mountain, Georgia in 1978, and about the Leo Frank trial, given in 1982; and an assortment of tickets from sporting and entertainment events primarily from the Atlanta area.
Collection number: ahc.VIS194
Scope and Content The footage, in its original format, is one reel of black and white acetate 16mm film. The film is edited from several individual reels and includes title and story cards. The first several minutes of the film captures the arrival of the principal actors and studio executives as they disembark at Atlanta Municipal Airport and proceed down the streets of Atlanta. There are many close-up shots of principal actors including Olivia De Havilland, Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Ona Munson, and Laura...
- Names: Loew's Grand Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Fires -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Theaters -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction 2
- Actresses -- Georgia 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Atlanta Georgian 1
- Atlanta constitution 1
- Atlanta journal 1
- Atlanta journal-constitution magazine 1
- Capital punishment -- Georgia 1
- Central business districts -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Courtland Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Documentary films -- History and criticism 1
- Film adaptations 1
- Fires -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1970-1980 1
- Georgia -- Politics and government 1
- Gone with the wind (Motion picture : 1939) 1
- Historians -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Jews -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Lawyers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Margaret Mitchell Square (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Mass media and culture 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th century 1
- Railroad stations -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Railroads -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. -- Georgia 1
- Tickets 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns 1
- Women novelists, American 1 ∧ less