Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of materials pertaining to the Boys High School. The bulk of the collection is newspaper clippings and class reunion documents such as programs and minutes.
Dates: 1907-1947, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of materials about MacRae's teaching career, including correspondence, manuscripts, speech transcripts, and news clippings. Of particular interest is MacRae’s critical writing against “career education,” the movement in the 1970s in the United States Department of Education away from a general education and toward training grade school and high school students for a career and vocation.
Dates: 1964-1986, undated
Scope and Content These papers consist of business and personal papers, including correspondence and financial records of Elijah A. Brown, Sr. and some of Elijah A. Brown, Jr. In addition, ther are papers pertaining to several Brown Family members, including Governor Joseph E. Brown, Julius I. Brown, and Marcus J. Brown.
Dates: 1826-1965, undated
Scope and Content This collection spans three generations of the Lawshe Family, the bulk of the materials concentrate on John Zimmerman Lawshe. Much of the attention is given to the personal activities of John Lawshe as a graduate of Boy’s High School and the New York Homeopathic College, and his activities as a Mason in Atlanta. Documents include the commencement program for Boys’ High, 23 June 1875; and copies of obituaries and death announcements documenting John Lawshe’s activities. John’s wife, Willie James...
Scope and Content This collection contains directory report of alumni from Boys High School for their 50th reunion, and a newspaper clipping.
Dates: 1949, 1974
Scope and Content The collection contains two diaries written by William Everhart Cunningham. In his entries he describes his participation in various sports at the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA), his sister's move to Agnes Scott College, and his reaction to his father's death in 1908. Also included in the collection is a postcard from his father.
- Names: Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Commerce 1
- Banks and banking -- Georgia. 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Career education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Education -- Administration 1
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Education, Elementary -- Georgia -- Hapeville 1
- Family life -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Farming -- Georgia 1
- Freemasonry -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- High schools -- Georgia 1
- High schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Poetry 1
- Public schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Public schools -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Slave bills of sale 1
- Slavery -- Georgia 1
- Transportation -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Travelers' writings, American 1
- Vocational education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bradley, Horace 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Brown, Joseph E. (Joseph Emerson), 1821-1894 1
- Cunningham, William Everhart, 1894-1977 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Fulton County School System (Ga.) 1
- Lawshe family 1
- Lawshe, Er 1
- Lawshe, John Zimmerman 1
- Lawshe, Willie James Elder 1
- McRae, Douglas G. 1
- New York Medical College 1
- North Fulton High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Shivers, Robert E. 1 ∧ less