Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook about the Atlanta chapter of the British War Relief Society. The scrapbook contains Society correspondence; newspaper clippings that document and request aid for the Atlanta chapter’s efforts; materials from fundraising and educational events; and a certificate from the British War Relief Society, Inc. to the Atlanta chapter. Of special note are the materials associated with the mock bombing at Piedmont Park, the touring of the Iron Duke, and Lord and Lady...
Dates: 1940-1945, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains two autobiographical manuscripts written by Lawrence "Larry" Benton. Most of the names of people and places in the documents are pseudonyms. The first manuscript covers his education and time working as an engineer in Atlanta in the 1930s and 40s. Specifically, he writes about his time at the Georgia School of Technology with his friends George, Jack, and Fitzie; his work as an engineer at a co-op; and his many romantic interests. The second autobiography covers...
Dates: approximately 1965, 2001
- Fund raising -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Mechanical engineering -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilian relief 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 1
- Benton, Larry (Lawrence Raymond) 1
- British War Relief Society (U.S.) 1
- Georgia School of Technology 1
- Halifax, Edward Frederick Lindley Wood, Earl of 1
- MacDougald, Jessie Adams 1