Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains five letters written by George Hewitt Daniel to his daughters, Emmaret and Virginia. These letters were written between January 24, 1862 and July 3, 1864 both before and during Daniel’s service in the 8th Georgia Infantry (St. Guards) Company I. Adj. The first letter in the collection was written prior to Daniel’s enlistment and includes details on his visit to the battlefield during the battle of Chickasaw Bayou2. With this letter he also includes a copy of the...
Scope and Content This collection consists of the July 2, 1863 edition of the Daily Citizen, published in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and printed on wallpaper. Also included are correspondence pertaining to the newspaper from the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, additional newspaper clippings, and information from the Library of Congress pertaining to the use of wallpaper in southern newspaper printing.
Scope and Content This collection consists of diaries; correspondence; military records and certificates; newspaper clippings; land deeds; and ephemera pertaining to William M. Standard. The collection also contains a school essay written by Standard's great-great-grandson, Ron Currens, and a 1961 map of Civil War battlefields on which Currens marked the route his ancestor followed during the war. Of particular interest are over 200 letters exchanged between Standard and his wife, Jane, as well as...
Dates: 1846-1970, undated
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns 2
- Agriculture 1
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Daily Citizen (Vicksburg, Miss.) 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Illinois -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Kennesaw Mountain (Ga.), Battle of, 1864 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Health aspects 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- Women -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Daniel, George Hewitt 1
- Farmer, Frances Edge 1
- Farmer, Raleigh 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- McClellan, George B. (George Brinton) 1