Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content This collection consists of several records maintained by the quartermaster of the regiment, including a requisition for forage, lists of clothing, camp, and garrison equipment received by officers, and inventory and inspection reports on clothing and equipment that was "worn out in public service" and discarded. The collection contains a published copy of General Orders #4 from Headquarters, United States Colored Troops, that describes the correct way to administer an oath at courts martial. ...
Scope and Content This collection consists of a muster roll (including pay information) for Company D, 19th Regiment, United States Colored Troops covering the period 31 December 1864 to 30 April 1865. The roll includes the names of three officers and seventy-two men. For each entry, the roll includes the place and date of enlistment; where, when, and by whom mustered; the last date of pay; and comments about the current status of each man. Comments include details about absences due to sickness, battle...
Scope and Content This collection contains the daily schedule for October 9, 1865, of the 40th U. S. Colored Infantry and special orders regarding the accounting of clothing in this infantry and disciplinary action of two officers. Another special order dated August 7, 1863, appoints Stone as the clerk for the headquarters of the Department of the Ohio. Also included is early paper currency from the colony of New York produced in 1776 and the state of Maine produced in 1778. The collection contains a letter...
Scope and Content This collection consists of eight letters written by Marquis DeLafayette Pittman, signing himself as "Marc", between April and July of 1864. Most are addressed to "Lizzie" and all appear to be written to this same individual. In the letters Pittman describes the weather, visiting with his cousins, his concerns about the progress of the war, and his feelings for "Lizzie." In an apparent response to a letter he received from her urging him to return home in case the "Yanks get near" her, he...
Dates: 2 April 1864-11 July 1864
- African American soldiers 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Money -- 1770-1780 1
- Money -- Confederate States of America 1
- Blakeley, James O. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cobb's Legion 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 1
- Pittman, Marc (Marquis deLafayette), 1835-1916 1
- Stewart, Gordon W. 1
- Stone, Harry (Henry L.) 1
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 19th (1863-1867) 1
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 22nd (1864-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 40th (1864-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Connecticut Infantry Regiment, 29th (1864-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 50th (1862-1865). Company A 1
- United States. Colored Troops 1 ∧ less