Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content This collection contains four items including an original diary kept by Carrie Berry from 1864-1866; an original diary kept by her from 1868-1874; a friendship book published in 1870, which is titled Mental Photographs an Album for Confessions or Tastes, Habits, and Convictions; and a letter written to Carrie Berry and Blanche Hardin from Clement A. Evans dated 2 February 1872, which was written while Carrie was a student at the North Georgia Female Academy. In the diary kept from 1864-1866,...
Dates: 1864-1874; 1897
Scope and Content This collection consists of Jane Louisa Killian's 1865 diary. Of particular interest are entries that include her thoughts on the death of President Lincoln; the surrender of General Robert E. Lee; the day Confederate money was no longer legal tender; the return of captured Confederate prisoners to Atlanta, Georgia; and her reaction to her husband's murder.
Dates: 1865-1931, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains military records, genealogies, and photocopies of family records written inside a bible. Of particular interest is Hall's diary (1863-1865), which contains financial records, notes, and a copy of a letter from his future wife. Also included are copies of John S. T. Hall's records in a Confederate Roll of Prisoners of War, and a copy of Hall's appointment as a notary public in 1875.
Dates: 1863-2003, undated
Scope and Content The bulk of the materials in the Rosalie Howell papers document Howell's career as a Red Cross nurse during World War I and her subsequent world travel. Items include a scrapbook; correspondence with former patients; official Red Cross documents; clippings concerning her receipt of the Croix de Guerre from the French government; and travel books, postcards, and ephemera (primarily from the United Kingdom). The collection has material about, or created by, other members of the Howell family;...
Dates: 1880-1970, undated
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Description and travel 1
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Chattanooga Railroad Expedition, 1862 1
- Europe -- Description and travel 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- International travel 1
- Poetry 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1
- Berry, Carrie, 1854-1921 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Alabama Infantry Regiment, 45th. Company C 1
- Hall family 1
- Hall, John S. T. 1