Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, copies of photographs, time tables, wage schedules, rule books, and other publications pertaining to Harbin's employment as a railroad engineer. Also included are railroad union and Masonic publications.
Dates: 1889-1982, undated; Majority of material found within 1910 - 1921
Scope and Content This collection contains organization records and employee records pertaining to the Atlanta Joint Terminal. Included are time books and payroll records as well as blueprints.
Scope and Content This collection contains a 1902 journal that belonged to a member of the Gramling family. It records measurements and observations from a reservoir in Cobb County (most likely what became the Morgan Falls Reservoir or Bull Sluice Lake) and the Chattahoochee River, including notes on the quality and height of water. The journal also contains daily logistics from the Western & Atlantic Railroad Company, including engine and boiler upkeep, worker schedules, weather, and supervisor visits....
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, military documents, and other personal records of James R. Crew. Correspondence includes letters Crew wrote to his wife about life in Atlanta during and after the Civil War. Crew did not date the letters but he describes contemporary war events such as battles in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Florida, and New Orleans, Louisiana. He talks about the hanging of "bridge burners," referring to a group of Union spies known as Andrews Raiders. Crew also...
Dates: approximately 1860-1932, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains a wide variety of technical manuals, operation logs, and repair guides. These were designed to assist engineers in diagnosing and correcting problems on the Southern Railway locomotives of the 1940s and 1950s. Other articles include newspaper clippings and magazines on the history of Southern Railway, personnel rosters, train schedules, and some of Stein's personal papers.
Dates: 1881-1989, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains letters to and from Grant regarding construction of railroads in Pennsylvania and throughout the southeastern United States; the defense of Atlanta during the Civil War; and personal matters. Other items in the collection include Grant’s personal diaries from 1843, 1844, and 1845, as well as account books covering railroad land transactions; railroad costs; and cash accounts. Additional items include a report on the condition of railroads around Atlanta, Georgia,...
Scope and Content The Long family papers include materials from James Long's work in the locomotive industry, including periodicals from the International Association of Machinists as well as instruction guides for the maintenance of locomotives. The collection also contains a scrapbook of Marie DeLay's time as a Girls High School student.
Dates: 1901-1963, undated
Scope and Content The collection contains time sheets for John Tatum at the Vinings, Georgia station. Included are time, rate of pay, and occupations.
Scope and Content This collection consists of fourteen volumes of material relating to the Railway Mail Service, 4th Division of the United States Post Office. Included are appointment records and superintendent's general correspondence. The appointment books include the name of the employees, their ages, where appointed, salary, how appointed, reason for termination, date of appointment, commenced service, ceased service, pay office, and their key number to the iron mail lock. Most of the volumes are divided...
- Subject: Railroads -- Employees X
- Railroads -- Employees 7
- Railroads -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Wages -- Railroads -- Southern States 4
- Railroads -- Georgia 3
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 2
- Locomotives -- Maintenance and repair 2
- Railroad companies -- Georgia. 2
- Railroads -- Employees -- Training of -- Georgia 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Chattahoochee River 1
- Chattanooga Railroad Expedition, 1862 1
- Cobb County (Ga.) 1
- Labor unions -- Georgia 1
- Locomotives -- Georgia 1
- Morgan Falls Reservoir (Ga.) 1
- Postal service -- Southern States 1
- Railroad engineering 1
- Railroads -- Georgia -- History 1
- Railroads -- Georgia -- Vinings 1
- Railroads -- South Carolina -- History 1
- Railroads -- Surveying 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee 1
- Railway mail service -- Southern States 1
- Rivers -- Georgia 1
- Slavery 1
- Slaves -- Social conditions 1
- Theater -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1 ∧ less
- Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company 2
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 2
- Amtrak 1
- Atlanta Gas Light Company 1
- Atlanta Joint Terminals 1
- Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company 1
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen 1
- Crew, James R., 1823-1865 1
- DeLay, Marie 1
- Freemasons. Palestine Lodge No. 486 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grant family 1
- Grant, Lemuel Pratt 1
- Harbin, Albert M. 1
- Hillyer, George 1
- Howard Theatre (Organization : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists 1
- Long family 1
- Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway 1
- Peters, Richard 1
- Richmond and Danville Railroad Company 1
- Seaboard Coast Line Railroad 1
- Tatum, John 1
- United States. Post Office Dept. 1
- United States. Railway Mail Service 1
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 1
- Woodward, John Charles 1 ∧ less