Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content This collection consists of correspondence written to and from Carter related to his personal life and public service. There is also a letter from a group of Atlantans endorsing Carter's 1970 gubernatorial candidacy.
Scope and Content This collection contains the printed proceedings from the Atlanta Intelligencer in a Special Edition. The content concerns an attempted reconciliation in Georgia between the Union wing of the Democratic Party and the Southern Rights wing of the Democratic Party proposed by the Union Democratic Convention held in Atlanta Sept. 17, 1852. This was an attempt to unify the Democratic Party in Georgia behind Franklin Pierce in the presidential election of 1852.
Dates: 1852 Sept. 18
- Governors -- Georgia 1
- Political campaigns -- Georgia 1
- Politicians -- United States. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989 1
- Atlanta Weekly Intelligencer (Atlanta, Ga. : 184?-1855) 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Pierce, Franklin, 1804-1869 1
- Union Democratic Convention (1852 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1