Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents of the Records The bulk of this artificial collection consists of weekly articles Henderson wrote for the Atlanta Journal/Constitution that provided practical design advice to readers. The collection contains articles from 1942, 1943, and 1950-1977. The collection includes some original manuscripts. More frequently, however, the articles included here are copies of the published version from the Atlanta Journal/Constitution. Occasionally,...
Dates: 1923-2005, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains Henderson's landscape drawings for a residential property in Atlanta; an original rendering of the Clark Howell Homes, as part of the Housing Authority project in which Henderson took part; and over 200 of Henderson's slides on various gardening topics. Also a part of the collection are Henderson's pencil sketches of gardens, garden structures and statuary, as well as trees and landscapes.
Dates: 1933-1992, undated
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Dates: 1937-1997, undated
- Landscape architects -- Georgia 2
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 2
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 2
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 1
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Landscape architecture -- Southern States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Clark Howell Homes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Henderson, Edith, 1911- 2
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 1
- Martin, Julia Orme 1