Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Dates: 1982-2008, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Dates: 1918-2010, undated; Majority of material found within 1979 - 2010
Scope and Content This collection contains drawings of projects including private gardens, corporate clients, schools, cultural institutions, large developments, parks, and cemeteries. Notable projects are the Atlanta Historical Society (Atlanta History Center), Atlanta Botanical Garden, Coca-Cola Headquarters Complex, Piedmont Hospital, Agnes Scott College, Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and a large cross section of private residences in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta. Also a part of...
Dates: 1928-2013, undated
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of landscape plans, photographs, negatives, and slides created by Atlanta landscape designer, Julia Orme Martin, from 1971 to 1995. The collection consists of primarily landscape designs for residential properties in the neighborhoods of Ansley Park and Buckhead, in Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular note are the drawings pertaining to the Columbus Museum in Columbus, Georgia as well as those pertaining to the Tompkins property on West Wesley Road in Atlanta, Georgia....
Dates: 1971-1995, undated
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Dates: 1937-1997, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains 28 glass lantern slides of historic gardens and estate landscape plans primarily from the Southeast. Images include historic sites such as Biltmore Estate (North Carolina), Casulon Plantation (Georgia), Magnolila Gardens (South Carolina), and Middleton Garden (South Carolina). Also a part of the collection are corresponding typed index cards by an unknown author. The index cards, labeled "American Gardens," describe the slides with regards to American garden history...
Dates: approximately 1930-1940
Scope and Content This collection contains documents which provide details of residential and commercial work by landscape architect William C. Pauley. Materials include plant lists, correspondence, and specifications. Projects are mainly from the Southeastern states and most of the work consists of residential clients from Georgia. Parks, cemeteries, and a hotel are included in Pauley's commercial clients. Of special interest are documents for East View Cemetery in Rome, Georgia, and Lincoln Memorial Park...
Dates: 1922-1953, undated
- Gardens -- Design 6
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 6
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 3
- Land use -- Planning 2
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Landscape design -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 2
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States -- History 2
- Cemeteries -- Georgia 1
- City planning -- Southern States 1
- Formal gardens -- Design 1
- Gardening -- Georgia 1
- Gardening -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Design -- History 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 1
- Gardens, American -- History 1
- Historic gardens -- Southern States 1
- Landscape design -- Southern States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Parks -- Georgia 1
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States 1
- Women gardeners -- Georgia 1
- Women landscape architects -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 2
- Martin, Julia Orme 2