Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 25
Collection number: ahc.VIS144
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains aerial photographs produced to assist Adams-Cates Company in the development of commercial real estate in the metropolitan Atlanta area. Aerial views of the cities of Atlanta, College Park, Decatur, East Point, Forest Park, Gainesville, Hapeville, Lithonia, Marietta, Panthersville, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Stone Mountain, as well as dozens of images of unidentified areas in the metropolitan Atlanta region are contained in the collection. The photographs document the...
Collection number: ahc.VIS124
Scope and Contents of the Records A varied collection, these photographs are a mixture of images of rural areas in Fulton County, images relating to Atlanta’s Jewish community, military photographs, and photographs of an elementary class. Most of the images in the collection were taken by Rosenberg, but several were not. The photographs of Fulton County include images of buildings, stores, and farms in Buckhead, Roswell, and Lebanon, Georgia, and several in Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta. Images of Atlanta’s Jewish community...
Dates: 1945-1955, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS29
Scope and Content These papers consist of various business and legal documents related to Alfred Austell's numerous business ventures. Included are land deeds, bookkeeping notes, checks, property insurance policies, bills, receipts, and photocopies of pages from Austell's letter book dealing with banking business, sale of cotton, and property acquisition and payment of personal notes. This collection also contains two pocket files, which are listed by month. The contents of these files have been left in the...
Dates: 1833-1962; Majority of material found within 1833 - 1889
Collection number: ahc.MSS786
Scope and Content This collection consists of one scrapbook of newspaper clippings related to Fulton County government issues.
Collection number: ahc.MSS50
Scope and Content The Calhoun family papers consist of correspondence, newspaper clippings, military papers, and family history. The primary contributors to the collection are James Montgomery Calhoun and his son, William Lowndes Calhoun. Notable items in the collection include an undated Calhoun family history, a personal account of Sherman’s siege of Atlanta by Robert Henderson, a family Bible, a handwritten copy of the affidavit of James M. Calhoun regarding the surrender of Atlanta, and a floor plan of the...
Dates: 1834-1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.CityofAtlanta
Scope and Content This collection consists of administrative records from the City of Atlanta, which have been divided into sixteen series. Records include materials pertaining to select mayors of Atlanta and correspondence and memos from the Executive Office. The collection also includes City Council and Board of Alderman legislation, minutes, and proceedings. Records also include material regarding transportation, public safety, finance, planning and community development, courts, public works, and maps. ...
Dates: 1848-2009, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS131
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains photographs of cities located south of Atlanta, Georgia in Fulton County. Included are images of College Park, East Point, Fairburn, Hapeville, Palmetto, Red Oak, and Union City. Many of these cities were originally part of Campbell County, a county that went bankrupt during the Great Depression and was then merged with Fulton County. Photographer Hancock follows highways 19 and 29 in a span of one month to reveal the former Campbell County cities in their 1954...
Collection number: ahc.VIS301
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of aerial views of Atlanta and vicinity, and of Valdosta, Georgia. Included are images of Southern Railway shops; downtown Atlanta; Ponce de Leon Baseball Park; Gammon Theological Seminary; and Oglethorpe University and Georgia School of Techonology campuses. Of interest are photographs pertaining to Davis as an aviator and his early days of commercial flying.
Dates: 1929-1934, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS589f
Scope and Content This collection consists of three Freedman's bonds issued by Fulton County, Georgia: to Virginia M. Jordan for the eleven year old, black, female orphan, Celia Walker; to John M.C. Reed for eleven year old, black girl named Julia; and to Larkin H. Davis for eleven year old Savannah Brown for their apprenticeship until they reach the age of eighteen.
Collection number: ahc.MSS128f
Scope and Content This collection includes property deeds, abstracts of title, warranty deeds, loan deeds, bonds, resident petitions, claims court cases, wills, and insurance documents presented in the courts of Fulton, Gwinnett, and Walton counties in Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS68
Scope and Content Lists of personnel of the civil court of Fulton County, a series of publications titled Railroad Stories, by H. A. Couch; inaugural invitations for President Herbert Hoover and Franklin D. Roosevelt, and a letter from Mayor William Hartsfield on the annexation of Buckhead and Druid Hills.
Collection number: ahc.VIS35
Scope and Content The collection contains images of Grace Towns Hamilton, her family, special events, and other public officials. The bulk of the collection features Hamilton posed with public officials including: Governor Jimmy Carter, U.S. Congressman Andrew Young, Georgia Governor George Busbee, Coretta Scott King, Atlanta University President Benjamin E. Mays, and U.S. Congressman Julian Bond. Also included are photographs of Atlanta homes of the 1960s; African-American Navy yard workers (1940s); the...
Dates: 1882-1984, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1142
Scope and Content This collection contains personal and professional correspondence, legal documents, and political writings, including text of speeches and letters to the editor of local newspapers that reflect Henry Alexander's activism in the Republican Party during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Legal and professional documents include Alexander’s affiliation with the American Bar Association, correspondence to the General Assembly and with the Fifth District of the Georgia Federation of Women’s Clubs. The...
Dates: 1900-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS175
Scope and Content This collection includes research material gathered under a grant to study Fort Peachtree at Peachtree Creek and the Chattahoochee River. Included are notes, a copy of the Archeological Survey of Fulton and Cobb counties, and several pamphlets produced by the city of Atlanta.
Dates: 1973-1975, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS464
Scope and Content This collection includes legal and financial documents regarding land lot 52, 14th district, Fulton (formerly Henry) County, Georgia. Among the documents are warranty deeds, mortgages, insurance policies, deed to secure title, abstracts of title, quit claim deeds, tax receipts, loan account books, real estate notes, and correspondence.
Collection number: ahc.MSS91
Scope and Content This collection primarily consists of correspondence. There are letters of sympathy and support sent to Leo Frank and Lucille Selig Frank throughout his incarceration and after his death. Letters to the Franks are often written by many of the same people and share similar content. Also included is correspondence from members of the Frank and Selig families, from Frank's attorneys, from newspaper publishers and reporters, and to Governor Slaton on behalf of Leo Frank. In addition, the...
Dates: 1912-1916, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS799f
Scope and Content This collection contains three government-issued proclamations. The first was issued by Maynard Jackson, former Mayor of Atlanta, proclaiming that June 21-27, 1993 was "Lesbian and Gay Pride/Human Rights Week" in the City of Atlanta. The second was issued by Mary Davis, member of the Atlanta City Council, also proclaiming that June 21-27, 1993 was "Lesbian and Gay Pride Week" in Atlanta. She further proclaimed that June 28, 1993 was "Stonewall Anniversary Day" in the City of Atlanta. The third...
Collection number: ahc.VIS290
Scope and Content This collection includes city maps of Atlanta and its suburbs, as well as plat maps drawn to facilitate the purchase of new homes in neighborhoods and subdivisions in Fulton, DeKalb and Cobb counties. The maps illustrate the physical growth of the city of Atlanta and the creation of neighborhoods in and around the city in the latter half of the 19th century through the late 20th century.
Dates: 1853-1991, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS351
Scope and Content This collection contains architectural drawings, sketches, artwork, and photos of Shutze's professional work, his travels, his personal life, and his antiques. The architectural drawings are from the firms of Norrman, Hentz & Reid; Hentz & Reid; Hentz, Reid & Adler; Hentz, Adler & Shutze; and Shutze & Armistead, as well as drawings representing historic buildings designed by other architects and firms. Among his most well known buildings are Swan House owned by Edward and...
Dates: 1820-1993, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS907f
Scope and Content This collection contains material about the families who established the South Bend Militia District. The collection includes an account of the Gardner family and their neighbors; copies of newspaper articles and district maps; images of graves, plaques, and aerial shots; and reports on the local families and Orchard Knob Baptist Church. The collection also contains information about the petition to create the South Bend District, including a copy of the petition published in the ...
Dates: 1881-2018, undated
- Subject: Fulton County (Ga.) X
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Hartsfield, William Berry 3
- Alexander, Henry A. (Henry Aaron), 1874-1967 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 2
- Atlanta Historical Society 2
- Calhoun, John C. (John Caldwell) 2
- Coca-Cola Company 2
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 2
- Emory University 2
- Fuller family 2
- Fuller, William Allen 2
- Fulton County (Ga.). Board of Commissioners 2
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 2
- Kurtz, Annie Laurie Fuller, 1884-1946 2
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 2
- Kurtz, Wilbur, 1912-1991 2
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 2
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891 2
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 2
- 10th Street Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- A. C. Wagner Co. 1
- Adair Realty Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Adams-Cates Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Adler, Rudolph Satorius 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Institute of Architects 1
- Aronstam, Louis 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Education 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Health 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Buildings 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Traffic Engineering Department 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Broom Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 1
- Atlanta Housing Authority 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Pioneer Women's Society 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Ida Williams Branch 1
- Atlanta Regional Commission 1
- Atlanta Safe and Lock Works (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Transit System, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Urban League 1
- Austell & Camp (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell & Holland (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell & Inman (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell & Swann (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Austell, Alfred, 1814-1881 1
- Austell, William W. 1
- Avon Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beall, Reuben 1
- Benatar, Victor 1
- Bennett, George 1
- Big Creek Bridge (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- Blake, Joseph 1
- Bond, Julian 1
- Breman, William 1
- Brown, Savannah 1
- Bryan, William Jennings 1
- Buckhead Farmers Market (Fulton County, Ga.) 1
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 1
- Butler's Southern Charm Shoe Store (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Calhoun, James Montgomery 1
- Calhoun, William Lowndes 1
- Camp, Gladys Palmer Hobgood 1
- Campbell High School (Fairburn, Ga.) 1
- Carroll, John 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Carty, Rico 1
- Catesby, Mark, 1683-1749 1
- Cathedral of Christ the King (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cavalier, Sidney 1
- Chattahoochee Industrial Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Citizens Advisory Committee for Urban Renewal (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clark Howell School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clarke, James 1
- Cobb, Parsifal 1
- Colley, Van Buren 1
- Collier, Charles A. 1
- Community Planning Council, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Concordia Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Confederate Soldier’s Home of Georgia 1 ∧ less