Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Content These papers consist of material about the Masons and Atlanta. Papers include newspaper clippings, correspondence, a booklet, Atlanta city directories, and Masonic literature and directory.
Scope and Content This collection contains documents from John Wesley and Betsy Mae Hardwick. Materials include club membership cards, a Masonic degree, and a Girl Scout handbook. The bulk of the membership cards are from two Masonic temples, the Yaarab Shrine and the Piedmont Lodge. Of particular note is Betsy Mae Hardwick's notebook that she used to record the Girl Scout badges that she earned.
Dates: 1912-1947, undated
Scope and Content This collection spans three generations of the Lawshe Family, the bulk of the materials concentrate on John Zimmerman Lawshe. Much of the attention is given to the personal activities of John Lawshe as a graduate of Boy’s High School and the New York Homeopathic College, and his activities as a Mason in Atlanta. Documents include the commencement program for Boys’ High, 23 June 1875; and copies of obituaries and death announcements documenting John Lawshe’s activities. John’s wife, Willie James...
Scope and Content This collection contains two Masonic certificates. Both are from the Yaarah Temple of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. One is his admission certificate, and the other is his life member certificate.
Scope and Content The majority of the Thomas Maguire papers revolves around plantation records from 1834 to 1876. There are two ledgers Maguire kept from 1834-1838, and 1838-1839 with chronological lists of purchases of various quantities of supplies. An account book from 1883 to 1884 contains similar information. A third account book belonged to John E. and James H.C. and recorded shipments of goods in rleation to their mill from 1879-1890. Another account book from 1850 is almost completely in short hand. In...
- Subject: Freemasonry -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Account books -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Agriculture -- Georgia 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Commerce 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government 1
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Georgia 1
- Gwinnett County (Ga.) 1
- Lithonia (Ga.) 1
- Men -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 1
- Rockbridge (Ga.) 1
- Slavery -- Georgia 1
- Temperance -- Georgia 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Yaarab Temple (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Adair, Forrest, 1864-1936 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Freemasons. Piedmont Lodge No. 447 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 1
- Hardwick family 1
- Lawshe family 1
- Lawshe, Er 1
- Lawshe, John Zimmerman 1
- Lawshe, Willie James Elder 1
- Maguire, Catherine 1
- Maguire, John E., 1840-1898 1
- Maguire, Thomas Jefferson, 1834-1861 1
- Maguire, Thomas, 1801-1886 1
- Mims, Livingston 1
- New York Medical College 1
- Taylor, Lou Pace 1 ∧ less