Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content This collection contains letters, some original and some copies, written by Governor John M. Slaton. Most of the correspondence concerns the Leo Frank court case, Slaton's commutation of Frank's death sentence, and his subsequent failure to be reelected. There is also one letter written by Lucille Selig Frank, the wife of Leo Frank, to Slaton.
Dates: 1902-1930, 1976
Scope and Content This collection contains six scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and ephemeral materials. Of particular interest is a copy of the speech by Dorsey to Governor Slaton in response to the motion to dismiss filed in behalf of Leo M. Frank.
Scope and Content This collection primarily consists of correspondence. There are letters of sympathy and support sent to Leo Frank and Lucille Selig Frank throughout his incarceration and after his death. Letters to the Franks are often written by many of the same people and share similar content. Also included is correspondence from members of the Frank and Selig families, from Frank's attorneys, from newspaper publishers and reporters, and to Governor Slaton on behalf of Leo Frank. In addition, the...
Dates: 1912-1916, undated
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government 1
- Business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Capital punishment -- Georgia 1
- Elections -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Fulton County (Ga.) -- History 1
- Georgia -- Politics and government 1
- Governors -- Georgia 1
- Jews -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Law -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Lawyers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Political campaigns -- Georgia 1
- Politicians -- Georgia 1
- Trials (Murder) -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1 ∧ less
- Frank, Lucille Selig, 1888-1957 2
- Alexander, Henry A. (Henry Aaron), 1874-1967 1
- Connolly, C. P. (Christopher Powell) 1
- Dorsey, Hugh Manson 1