Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents of the Records The bulk of this collection consists of meeting minutes, financial records, annual reports, membership lists, correspondence, publications, and scholarship fund information. Publications include English Speaking Union News and The Branch Officer’s Bulletin. Also included are the dissertations of Ph.D. students awarded grants from the Atlanta Branch’s scholarship funds to help them pursue their research in England.
Dates: 1940-2000, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains documents pertaining to the Georgia Bicentennial Celebration, and includes a budget report, event programs, meeting minutes, plaque design plans, and speech drafts. There is also correspondence between Mrs. Joseph R. Lamar (Clarinda) and other members of the executive board with the English Speaking Union in London inviting the descendants of the original 71 trustees to the celebration. In addition, there are pamphlets with information on the English Speaking Union and...
- Names: English-Speaking Union X
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- United States 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- England 1
- Georgia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Bleckley, Katharine Caroline, 1892- 1
- Early, Clifford Cabel 1
- Georgia Bicentennial Commission (1933) 1
- Lamar, Clarinda Pendleton 1
- National Society Colonial Dames of America in the State of Georgia 1