Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content The Elijah Alexander Brown, Sr. papers primarily document the operation of Brownwood, the Brown family farm in Gordon County, Georgia. Much of the correspondence is from Elijah's father and mother. A few are letters to Elijah's father and one is to Elijah's brother, George Marion Brown. The legal documents contained in this collection mostly deal with Brownwood, as do the invoices and receipts. Finally, there are Brownwood Farm records and an illustrated storybook.
Dates: 1877-1910, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of military records from the career of Dr. William L. Mangum as well as other family papers. Documents include military orders for Mangum to raise a cavalry company from wounded Confederate soldiers; personal letters; Confederate military passes; account pages, tax, and other receipts; and birth, marriage, and death certificates. The collection also includes weaving draft patterns from "Lizzie," possibly Mangum's sister Elizabeth, which were translated in the 1990s by...
Dates: 1825-1991, undated
Scope and Content These papers consist of scrapbooks, financial records, newspaper clippings, genalogy material, scholarly articles, and correspondence of Mary Connally Spalding and her family.
Dates: 1867-1967, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains papers of the Connally family, including legal documents such as the last will and testament of Thomas W. Connally; a mortgage deed for a home in Oakland City, an Atlanta neighborhood; records of property sales; tax receipts; an estate inventory; grocery receipts; correspondence; and a document issued by War Department of the Confederate States of America appointing Elijah L. Connally as Assistant Surgeon. Other records include newspaper clippings and travel guides.
Dates: 1822-1945, undated
- Names: Brown family X
- Agriculture -- Accounting 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Brownwood Farm (Gordon County, Ga.) 1
- Confederate States of America -- History, Military 1
- Farms -- Georgia 1
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc. 1
- Governors -- Georgia 1
- Local taxation -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Soldiers -- Georgia -- Correspondence 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Weaving -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Joseph E. (Joseph Emerson), 1821-1894 2
- Spalding, Mary Connally, 1877-1953 2
- 1908 History Class (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brown, Elijah Alexander, Sr. 1
- Campbell family 1