Textile construction patterns
Scope and Content
This collection contains patterns, diagrams, instructions, and booklets pertaining to textile construction. Included are sewing, weaving, crochet, knitting, smocking, quilting, and applique patterns, as well as illustrations and instructions. Of particular interest is a "Guide to Ornamental Stitches," a handwritten manuscript accompanied by miniature samples of stitch, seam, and lace techniques.
- 1893-1956, undated
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Historical information about this collection has not been determined.
4.25 linear ft. (four oversized boxes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1973, and subsequent additions
- Butterick Publishing
- Clothing & dress -- 1890-1900
- Clothing & dress -- 1910-1920
- Dressmaking -- United States
- Ladies Home Journal
- McCall's Needlework & Crafts
- Needlework -- United States
- Textile crafts -- United States
- Vogue Patterns
- Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences
- Women's Home Companion
- Textile construction patterns
- Sue VerHoef
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared According To Dacs
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.