United Church Women of Atlanta scrapbooks
Scope and Content
This collection contains ten scrapbooks created by members of the United Church Women of Atlanta organization. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, pictures, programs, reports, correspondence, and organizational records. The correspondence includes letters from Charles L. Weltner, James A. Mackay, Richard B. Russell, Herman E. Talmadge, Robert G. Stephens, Mayor Ivan Allen, and Sargent Shriver.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The United Church Women of Atlanta was part of the National Council of the Church of Christ in the United States of America. The name was changed in the 1960s to the Church Women United in Atlanta. Additional administrative information about the United Church Women of Atlanta has not been determined.
5.67 linear ft. (three record center boxes, one document case, one oversize box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Religion
- Church work with women -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Church work with youth -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Religious institutions -- Georgia
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia
- United Church Women of Atlanta (Ga.)
- United Church Women of Atlanta (Ga.) -- Records and correspondence
- Women -- Religious life -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- United Church Women of Atlanta scrapbooks
- Melanie Stephan
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.