Mary E. Womack papers
Collection number: ahc.MSS1040
Scope and Content
This collection contains materials generated by Mary E. Womack in her work with the Campaign for Responsible Parenthood in the Atlanta Public Schools. Materials include: correspondence and meeting materials related to the campaign; Adolescent Sexuality Series brochures and correspondence from Grady Memorial Hospital and Emory University; a 1987 article by Dr. Alonzo Crim and Mary E. Womack; scholarly articles on sex education, teenage pregnancy, and teenage parenting; and a 1979 issue of the Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia, focusing on teenage pregnancy in Georgia.
- 1971-1987, undated
- Womack, Mary E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Mary E. Womack was the Coordinator for Health and Physical Education for Atlanta Public Schools in Atlanta, Georgia. During the late 1970s and early 1980s she served on the steering committee for the Campaign for Responsible Parenthood in the Atlanta Public Schools along with Dr. Alonzo Crim and others. Additional biographical information on Mary E. Womack has not been determined.
0.2 linear ft. (1 half document case)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2013.
- Atlanta Public Schools
- Campaign for Responsible Parenthood in Atlanta Schools (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Coalition for Responsible Parenthood (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Crim, Alonzo A., 1928-2000
- Emory University. School of Medicine
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). Teen Services Program
- Public schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Sex instruction -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Teenage pregnancy
- Teenagers -- Sexual behavior
- Mary E. Womack papers
- Josh Hogan
- February 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.