Skip to main content

Georgia School of the Air records

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS177

Scope and Content

This collection contains correspondence, periodicals, publications, programs and other ephemeral material related to the Georgia School of the Air. Also included are copies of the Atlanta Journal from 1938-1944.

Dates

  • 1931-1944

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Georgia School of the Air was established by Louis T. Rigdon as a public service in education. It was aimed at stimulating interest in the Fine Arts and the spoken word among Georgia boys and girls by recognizing and rewarding talent and accomplishment in that field. Additional historical information about the Georgia School of the Air has not been determined.

Extent

3 linear ft. (2 document cases, 1 oversize box)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1973
Title
Georgia School of the Air
Author
Finding aid prepared by
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040