Alli Royce Soble photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection contains photographs of LGBTQ+ events and nightclubs taken by Alli Royce Soble. Images depict the annual Atlanta Pride Festival and Parade, the Easter Drag Races sponsored by the Armory, and a drag show at My Sister's Room. Of special note are photographs of the 1993 March on Washington for Lesbian, Gay and Bi Equal Rights and Liberation in Washington, D.C. All images were taken in Atlanta, Georgia, unless otherwise noted.
- Soble, Alli Royce, 1973- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Biographical / Historical
Alli Royce Soble (1973-) is a multi-media artist based in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1998, she received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Georgia State University. As well as being a visual artist, much of her photographic work documents Atlanta's LGBTQ+ community with a focus on political and social issues. Her work has been exhibited at numerous galleries, including Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, APG Gallery, Kibbee Gallery, and EyeDrum. She's received several awards, including Creative Loafing's Best Artist Over 30-Reader’s Choice in 2005, Georgia Voice Best Artist award in 2011 and 2012, Georgia Voice Best Visual Artist of Atlanta award in 2016, and Best in Show 2-D Juried Exhibition at the Callanwolde Fine Arts Center in 2017.
14 color photographic print(s)
This collection is arranged alphabetically by titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2021.
- Armory (Bar : Atlanta, Ga.)
- Atlanta Pride Committee
- Atlanta Pride Festival (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Drag queens -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Drag shows
- Drag shows -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Gay bars -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Gay community -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Gay liberation movement -- United States
- Gay pride celebrations -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Gay pride parades -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Lesbian bars -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Lesbian community -- Georgia
- Lesbians -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- March on Washington for Lesbian, Gay, and Biequal Rights and Liberation, Washington, 1993
- My Sister's Room (Bar : Atlanta, Ga.)
- Parades -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Women artists -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Women photographers -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Alli Royce Soble photographs
- Kate Daly
- July 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description