Atlanta Ladies Memorial Association records
Collection number: ahc.MSS375
Scope and Content
This collection contains organizational records and histories of the Atlanta Ladies Memorial Association. Also included are historical items collected by members as well as newspaper clippings, programs, and membership information. There are files pertaining to member genealogy and biographies of Confederate soldiers.
- Atlanta Ladies Memorial Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Atlanta Ladies Memorial Association, the Atlanta Chapter of the Ladies Memorial Association, was begun in the spring of 1866 by Mrs. Joseph Morgan. It was the second of the chapters to be founded. The purpose of the organization was "to preserve and foster the memory of our Confederate Dead and to pay them suitable tribute on Confederate Memorial Day, April 26th, and at all other times when it may seem proper." Additional information regarding the Atlanta Ladies Memorial Association has not been determined.
7.67 linear ft. (15 documents cases and 1 oversize box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1977 with subsequent additions.
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Brown, Joseph E. (Joseph Emerson), 1821-1894
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889
- Georgia -- Genealogy
- Ladies' Memorial Association
- Lee, Robert E., (Robert Edward), 1807-1870
- Locomotives -- Georgia
- Memorials -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Monuments & memorials -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Rutherford, Mildred Lewis, 1852-1928
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia
- Stone Mountain Memorial State Park (Ga.)
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Women -- Confederate States of America -- Social conditions
- Ladies Memorial Association, Atlanta Chapter records ahc.MSS375
- Finding aid prepared by Melanie Stephan
- Language of description
- Finding aid is written in English.