Lucille K. Peters photographs
Scope and Content
This collection contains photographs of the Peters family and their residence at the intersection of Ponce de Leon and Piedmont Avenues, as well as houses in their immediate area, including the Samuel M. Inman (1843-1915) home. Also included are photographs of the Peters family farm in Gordon County, Georgia, views of downtown Atlanta and Piedmont Park, and scenes from the 1895 Cotton States and International Exposition in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Approximately 1880-1895
- Peters, Lucille Kuhrt (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Lucille K. Peters (1898-1970) was born in Atlanta, Georgia, to Henry G. Kuhrt (1863-1903) and Mary R. Kuhrt (1865-1956). Her father was an Atlanta businessman who operated a variety of stores throughout his lifetime, including his father's tobacco store, H.G. Kuhrt & Company, and a bookstore called Lester and Kuhrt Book Company. Lucille married Wimberly Peters (1887-1948) in 1922. His father, Edward C. Peters (1855-1937), was a real estate developer and president of the 1881 Atlanta Exposition Cotton Mills. Edward Peters was the son of railroad executive Richard Peters (1810-1889). Richard partnered with George Adair (1823-1889) in 1871 to build Atlanta's first street car system, the Atlanta Street Railway.
205 image(s) (205 black and white photographs)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was previously catalogued as PET.
This collection was reprocessed in 2020.
- Boats -- Georgia
- Broad Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Brunswick (Ga.)
- Cable cars (Streetcars) -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Clothing & dress -- 1880-1890
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.)
- Farms -- Georgia
- Five Points (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Football -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Georgia School of Technology
- Gordon County (Ga.)
- Horse-drawn vehicles -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Inman, Samuel Martin, 1843-1915 -- Homes and haunts
- Inman, Samuel Martin, 1843-1915
- Lakes -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Parades & processions -- 1890-1900
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Peters family
- Peters, Edward C.
- Peters, Richard
- Peters, Wimberly
- Piedmont Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Piedmont Park (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Ponce de Leon Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Railroads -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Streets -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Union Station (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Lucille K. Peters photographs
- Kate Daly
- January 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.