William S. Irvine photographs
Collection number: ahc.VIS321
Scope and Content
This collection contains images of buildings, streets, and monuments in Atlanta, Georgia. Included are photographs of service stations, high schools, churches, residences, and Confederate monuments in addition to automobiles, street views, bomb proof sites, children, and family members of William S. Irvine.
- 1919-1948, undated
- Irvine, William S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
William S. Irvine (1869-1950) was born in Georgia to Charles Alexander Farquarson Irvine (1816-1870) and Ruth Ann Colding (1834-1911). Irvine married Elizabeth “Bessie” Hammond Harris (1873-1963) in 1892, and the couple had seven children. The family lived in Bibb County and DeKalb County, as well as Brunswick, Georgia and Atlanta, Georgia. Irvine was a journalist, researcher, and historian who managed the Irvine Georgia Music House and the Macon Musical Company. Additional biographical information about William S. Irvine has not been determined.
38 image(s) (37 black and white photographic prints and one postcard)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
VIS 321 was previously catalogued as IRV.
This collection was reprocessed in 2018.
- Apartment houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Automobiles -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Baptist churches -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Billboards -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Buckhead (Atlanta, Ga.) -- History
- Children -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Compton, Martha Lumpkin
- DeKalb County (Ga.) -- History
- Drugstores -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Georgia
- Glenwood Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
- High schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- McPherson, James Birdseye
- Mitchell, Isaac Green
- Monuments & memorials -- Georgia
- Moreland Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Peachtree Road (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Roswell Road (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Walker, William Henry Talbot
- William S. Irvine photographs
- Breylan Martin
- September 2018
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Finding aid is written in English.