Susie Flynn Hughs photographs
Collection number: ahc.VIS306
Scope and Content
This collection contains images of buildings constructed for the Cotton States International Exposition in Piedmont Park approximately 10 years after the fair. Other images include photographs of downtown Atlanta and two family members.
- approximately 1905
- Hughs, Susie Flynn (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Susie Flynn Hughs (1885-1962) was born to Thomas F. Flynn (1860-1920) and Lillie A. Flynn (1861-1940) in Atlanta, Georgia. She married William D. Hughs (1875-?). Thomas Flynn's father, John Hughs Flynn (1828-1884), was instrumental in the founding of the Atlanta Public School system. Susanna Hughs' paternal grandparents were John T. Hughs (1850-?) and Laurissa Hughs. Her father's brother, Robert Nathaniel Hughs (1868-1925), was married to Lucile Smith Hughs (1876-1974). Additional biographical information about Susie Flynn Hughs has not been determined.
36 image(s) (34 sepia tone copy prints and two albumen prints)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
VIS 306 was previously cataloged as HGS.
This collection was reprocessed in 2018.
- Bridges -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.)
- Flynn, Lillie A.
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Historic buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Hughs, Lucile Smith
- Marist College (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Piedmont Park (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Streets -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- West End (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Susie Flynn Hughs photographs
- In Process
- Felicia D. Render
- June 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.