Emma Lou Cole photographs
Collection number: ahc.VIS233
Scope and Content
This collection contains photographs of the Eberhardt family, families associated with the Eberhardts, and businesses in Atlanta, Georgia, including R.P. and J.G. Eberhardt and Company and T.L. Eberhardt Coal Company. Many of these photographs were taken by Atlanta-based photographer Linnie Condon.
- 1880-1928, undated
- Condon, Linnie, 1844-1909 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Emma Lou Cole (1910-?) was born in Alabama to Charles F. Cole (1870-1949) and Jennie Eberhardt Cole (1874-1946). Jennie Eberhardt Cole worked as an assistant to Atlanta-based photographer Linnie Condon (1844-1909) between 1900 and 1905. Emma attended Girls' High School in Atlanta and graduated in 1923. She later became a teacher at Sylvan Hills Middle School in Fulton County. Additional biographical information about Emma Lou Cole has not been determined.
421 image(s) (417 black and white photographs, 4 tintypes)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1975, with subsequent additions
VIS 233 was previously catalogued as ELC.
This collection was reprocessed in 2019.
- Atlanta Coach Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Atlanta Standard Telephone Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Cole, Emma Lou
- Condon, Linnie, 1844-1909
- Eberhardt, Jennie
- Eberhardt, R. P.
- Eberhart family
- Family-owned business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Georgia Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Lee Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Oak Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Portraits, American -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- R. P. and J. G. Eberhardt Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Rhodes Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Southern Paint and Glass (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Storefronts -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- T. L. Eberhardt Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Women photographers -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 19th century
- Wood and Beaumont Stove and Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Emma Lou Cole photographs
- Kate Daly
- December 2019
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Finding aid is written in English.