Sally A. Parker photographs
Scope and Contents of the Records
The photographs in this collection depict geographic locations and people in Atlanta and Decatur, Georgia. Buildings include the Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on Hunter Street, the Georgia State Capitol building, Marvin Cemetery (formerly Cold Springs Cemetery), and the residences of William Cobb, Frederick Koch, Edwin W. Marsh, and Augustus Pitt. The collection includes several images of the Margaret Mitchell burial plot at Oakland Cemetery. Images of people include Fred Parker, owner of High Rock Dairy Farm, Tommy Coggins, son of a policeman, and an unidentified traffic officer, and on-duty policeman.
- Parker, Sally A. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
No biographical history is available for Sally A. Parker.
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Gift of Sally Parker, 1950.
General Physical Description note
16 black and white photographic prints
Collection processed in 2007.
- Architecture, domestic -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Cobb, William -- Homes and haunts
- Coggins, Tommy
- Confederate Veterans Home (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Farms -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1940-1950
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Koch, Frederick -- Homes and haunts
- Marvin Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Monuments & memorials -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1940-1950
- Motorcycles -- 1940-1950
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Parker, Fred
- Parker, Willie, Jr.
- Parsonages -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Pitt, Augustus -- Homes and haunts
- Police -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1940-1950
- Trucks -- 1940-1950
- Sally A. Parker Photographs, 1948-1949ahc.VIS 143
- Inventory prepared by Helen Matthews
- July 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note