Minor Studio Photograph Collection
Scope and Contents of the Records
This collection contains photographs, including aerial views, of public buildings, private houses, streets, and the business district in East Point, Ga. Included are images of Russell High School, Harris Street Grammar School, East Point Auditorium, East Point City Hall, the Police Station, Public Library, the Post Office, the Fire Station, and the Atlanta Municipal Airport. Also included in the collection are two photographs of a preserved adobe slave hut located in the East Point area.
- Minor Studio (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Minor Studio was a photographer’s studio located in the Atlanta area from approximately 1939-1954. The studio was owned by David and Cecile Minor. The studio was first located on Whitehall Street in downtown Atlanta, and later in East Point, a city located south of Atlanta.
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff
General Physical Description note
29 black and white prints (1 oversized box)
Collection processed in 2007.
- Armco Culvert Manufacturing Co. (East Point, Ga.)
- Dwellings -- Georgia -- East Point
- East Point (Ga.)
- East Point Women's Club (East Point, Ga.)
- Housing -- Georgia -- East Point
- Industries -- Georgia -- East Point
- Minor, Cecile
- Minor, David
- Public buildings -- Georgia -- East Point
- Public institutions -- Georgia
- Public schools -- Georgia -- East Point
- Slaves -- Dwellings -- Georgia -- East Point
- Southen Wood Preserving Company (East Point, Ga.)
- Sports & recreation facilities -- Georgia -- East Point
- United States Post Office (East Point, Ga.)
- Whiteway Ave. (East Point, Ga.)
- Minor Studio Photograph Collection, 1947-1954ahc.VIS 138
- Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
- July 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note