Skip to main content

Minor Studio Photograph Collection

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.VIS138

Scope and Contents of the Records

This collection contains photographs, including aerial views, of public buildings, private houses, streets, and the business district in East Point, Ga. Included are images of Russell High School, Harris Street Grammar School, East Point Auditorium, East Point City Hall, the Police Station, Public Library, the Post Office, the Fire Station, and the Atlanta Municipal Airport. Also included in the collection are two photographs of a preserved adobe slave hut located in the East Point area.

Dates

  • 1947-1954

Creator

Restrictions on Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.

Administrative/Biographical History

Minor Studio was a photographer’s studio located in the Atlanta area from approximately 1939-1954. The studio was owned by David and Cecile Minor. The studio was first located on Whitehall Street in downtown Atlanta, and later in East Point, a city located south of Atlanta.

Extent

29 image(s)

Language

English

Arrangement of the Papers

This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff

Acquisition Information

Unknown

General Physical Description note

29 black and white prints (1 oversized box)

Processing Information

Collection processed in 2007.

Creator

Title
Minor Studio Photograph Collection, 1947-1954ahc.VIS 138
Author
Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
Date
July 2009
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040