William Stanford Sr. photographs
Collection number: ahc.VIS108
Scope and Contents of the Records
This collection is comprised of images of young African Americans, perhaps students at Atlanta University Center colleges and universities, protesting racial segregation policies of Rich’s Department Store in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Stanford, William Lee (Person)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
William Stanford, Sr. (1933-2005) was employed by the security department of Rich’s department store, in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional biographical information about William Stanford, Sr. has not been determined.
Arrangement of the Papers
This collection is arranged alphabetical according to titles supplied by staff.
Gift of William Lee Stanford Jr., 2005 (2005.243)
General Physical Description note
Extent: 5 black and white photographic prints
Collection processed in 2006
- William Stanford Sr. Photographs ahc.VIS 108
- An Inventory of His Photographs at the Kenan Research Center of the Atlanta History Center
- Inventory prepared by Paul Crater
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.