Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia records
Collection number: ahc.MSS905
Scope and Content
These records consist of scrapbooks and yearbooks.
- Medical Association of Georgia. Auxiliary (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Women's Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia was founded in 1924 by Mrs. C.W. Roberts of Atlanta. In the 1950's the name was changed to the Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia. In the 1981 yearbook "the objects...shall be to extend, through its members, the aims of the medical profession to all organizations which look to the advancement of health and health education; to assist in...medical meetings; to promote acquaintanceship among physicians' families that fellowship may increase..." Additional historical information about the Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia has not been determined.
5.625 linear ft. (two half document cases and five oversize boxes)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Auxiliary to the Medical Association of Georgia records
- Laura Starratt
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.