Skip to main content

Woman's Missionary Union of Edgewood Baptist Church documents

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS897f

Scope and Content

This collection contains the treasurer's book for the Woman's Baptist Missionary Union Atlanta Auxiliary which documented financial transactions from 1917 to 1921. The collection also includes a petition for the formation of a religious association under the name of the Edgewood Baptist Church in 1911, as well as the judge's approval of the petition.

Dates

  • 1911-1921

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Woman's Missionary Union of Edgewood Baptist Church is a branch of the Baptist Missionary Union Atlanta Auxiliary, which was founded in 1888 as an offshoot of the Southern Baptist Convention. This organization promotes Baptist women's work supporting missions and promoting education throughout the Southern United States. The organization was a part of the Edgewood Baptist Church. The church petitioned for formation as a religious association in DeKalb County in 1911 by J. W. Tomlinson; J. A. Gill; Mrs. A. H. Benning; W. R. Jackson, Sr.; J. D. Harden; Paul Hull; P. V. Jackson; J. H. Smoot; Guise Peoples; and Roy Ruggles.

Extent

1 folder(s)

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, 1973

Description Control

This collection was processed in 2019.
Title
Woman's Missionary Union of Edgewood Baptist Church documents
Author
Emma Jones
Date
June 2019
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040