Stutz Atlanta Motor Co. Inc. documents
Scope and Content
This collection contains correspondence and memos from the Stutz Atlanta Motor Company from 1925-1926, as well as Atlanta Automobile Association bulletins and booklets.
- 1925-1926, undated
- Stutz Atlanta Motor Co. Inc (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Stutz Atlanta Motor Company Inc. was the Atlanta branch dealership of Stutz Motor Car Company of America, a producer of luxury cars based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Stutz Motor Company was founded in 1911 by Harry C. Stutz and the company soon gained recognition for their high-speed racing cars. In 1919 Harry Stutz sold the company to three investors, one of whom was Charles M. Schwab, and the Stutz Motor Car Company of America became a developer of safety cars, while still keeping their prominence in the racing world. Stutz Motor Car Company of America closed in 1935. The company produced thirty-five thousand cars during its operation.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2017.
- Stutz Atlanta Motor Co. Inc. documents
- Kelley Warrington
- March 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.