King family papers
Collection number: ahc.MSS753
Scope and Content
This collection contains correspondence between various members of the King family and payment receipts on the accounts of many of the family members.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The King family was a prominent family of Roswell, Georgia, which was named after a member of the family, Roswell King. The family was involved with the Roswell Manufacturing Company. Barrington Hall, the mansion of the Kings, still stands today in Roswell.
1.46 linear ft. (4 document cases)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History
- Baker, Irene Trenholm
- Dunwoody, William E.
- King, Barrington
- King, Charles Barrington
- King, Georgia Baker
- King, Harris MacLeod
- King, Marie R.
- Letford, Sarah Elizabeth MacLeod King
- Roswell (Ga.)
- Roswell (Ga.) -- History
- Savannah (Ga.) -- History
- United States -- History -- 1865-1921
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Cavalry operations
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate
- King family papers
- Laura Starratt
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.