Atlanta Guano Company order book
Scope and Content
This collection contains one order book with removable pages, listing products for sale with sacks as the unit of measurement. Notations and signatures are included in the book.
- approximately 1890
- Atlanta Guano Co. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The Atlanta Guano Company of Atlanta, Georgia, imported, manufactured, and sold guano and phosphatic fertilizers in the 1890s. President John M. Green directed the business, located in the Gate City National Bank Building on the corner of Alabama and Pryor Streets and later on Temple Court. The manufacturing operation and acid chambers were located at Clark's Cove Station on the Central Railroad seven miles from Atlanta. The company offered fertilizers such as Eddystone Guano, Rainbow Phosphate, and Soluble Bone. Additional historical information about the company has not been determined.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was processed in 2016.
- Atlanta Guano Company order book
- Jennie Oldfield
- September 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.