Skip to main content

Northwood Garden Club records

 Collection
Identifier: ahc.MSS674

Scope and Contents of the Records

This collection consists mainly of scrapbooks, but also includes minutes and records documenting the Club’s membership meetings, civic and social activities, as well as special projects.

Dates

  • 1947-2010

Creator

Restrictions on Access

This collection is open for research.

Restrictions on Use

Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Northwood Garden Club was founded in 1937 in order to pursue, “the study and culture of flowers, together with the study of landscape gardening and the care and arrangement of flowers.” The Club became a member of the Garden Club of Georgia in 1938 and has sponsored many civic beautification projects that include the American Red Cross Atlanta headquarters, Grady Memorial Hospital, the Juvenile Detention Home of Fulton County and the Tullie Smith House at the Atlanta History Center. The Club has also served on several flower show associations and has won many awards in various Atlanta flower shows.

Extent

29.71 linear ft. (1 half document case and 21 oversize boxes)

Language

English

Arrangement of the Papers

This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.

Acquisition Information

Gift of Northwood Garden Club, 1979 with subsequent additions.

Processing Information

Collection reprocessed in 2010, with subsequent additions.
Title
Northwood Garden Club records
Author
Jennie Oldfield
Date
June 2010
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center Repository

Contact:
130 West Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30305
404-814-4040