4th Corps Army of the Cumberland United States Army field dispatch
Collection number: ahc.MSS661f
Scope and Content
Handwritten dispatch from the United States 4th Army Corps to subordinate units giving instructions for handling supply trains as the army prepares to move for the Atlanta Campaign.
- United States. Army. Corps, 4th (1863-1865) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
The IV Corps of the Army and Department of the Cumberland was re-created By General Order No. 322, Adjutant General's Office September 28, 1863, after the dissolution of the corps bearing the same designation in the Army of the Potomac. Major General Oliver O. Howard was in command of the IV Corps throughout the Atlanta Campaign.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- 4th Corps Army of the Cumberland United States Army field dispatch
- Paul Crater
- June 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.