Nancy C. Wooten Grady Memorial Hospital records
Scope and Content
This collection primarily contains scrapbooks collected by Nancy C. Wooten from Grady Memorial Hospital. Scrapbooks document the hospital's expansion; medical issues; career opportunities in the health field; nursing and nursing education; programs, events, and graduations; and personalities related to the hospital. Documents in the scrapbooks include clippings; annual reports; promotional brochures and programs; memoranda; photos; and invitations and postcards. In addition, there are copies of employee newsletters "Grady News" and "Together." The collection also includes additional copies of these newsletters as well as "The White Cap," and clippings and ephemera that document Grady Memorial Hospital history and commencements. Of particular note are notebooks containing lecture notes.
- 1900-1989, undated
- Wooten, Nancy C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
Nancy C. Adcock Wooten (1915-1988) was born in Roanoke, Alabama, to Omar and Nannie Adcock. In 1937 she married Silas Irving Wooten Jr. (1915-1983) and the couple moved to Atlanta, Georgia. Wooten graduated from the Hillman Hospital School of Nursing in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1936; conducted post graduate work at the Maternity Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota; and became a registered nurse. For 32 years Wooten worked in various positions at Grady Memorial Hospital, including as the registrar and as the field director for the School of Nursing between April 1951 and September 1952.
29.15 linear ft. (20 oversize boxes, one document case, and one half document case)
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged alphabetically according to titles supplied by staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1984, with subsequent additions
This collection was processed in 2019.
- Georgia Heart Association
- Georgia State Nurses’ Association
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). School of Nursing
- Hospitals -- Administration
- Hospitals -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Medical care -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Medicine -- Practice -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Nurses -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Nursing -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Nursing schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta
- Nancy C. Wooten Grady Memorial Hospital records
- Leah Lefkowitz
- February 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.