Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection number: ahc.MSS427
Scope and Contents of the Records The HOPE, Inc. records consist of correspondence, minutes, reports, and printed and published materials generated by the organization from 1958-1961. Also included are records from other allied organizations such as Active Voters, OASIS, Partners for Progress, and the League of Women Voters of Atlanta. The records are also comprised of correspondence, newsletters and mailings from segregationist groups, and a vast quantity of newspaper clippings which document the school closure crisis in...
Collection number: ahc.MSS53
Scope and Content These papers consist primarily of newspaper clippings collected by Jennie Meta Barker about Atlanta and it's history. Most clippings relate broadly to Atlanta, but particular subjects include history, the arts, politics and government, business and organizations, notable Atlantans, and Georgia geography. In addition to clippings, there are also reports, pamphlets, publications, and correspondence relating to these topics. The collection also contains notes and chapters that Barker wrote for...
Collection number: ahc.MSS394
Scope and Contents of the Records Through correspondence, minutes, newspaper clippings, publications and printed material, the collection documents the activities the League of Women Voters of Atlanta-Fulton County and its relationships to national and state leagues, from 1917-1982. Subject files, the bulk of the collection, document the efforts of the group to promote political participation among the citizens of Atlanta and covers topics ranging from segregation to juvenile delinquency, as well as various city ordinances....
Collection number: ahc.MSS228
Scope and Content The Papers of Robert and Margaret MacDougall consist of correspondence, newspaper clippings and scrapbook pages, and brochures and other printed materials. Many of these papers concern MacDougall’s work as an engineer, work as an administrator of the Works Progress Administration and his activities working with the city of Atlanta, particularly in the development of the expressways through the city and the bond issues to finance the projects. A second portion of these papers concern the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1195
Scope and Content This collection contains materials related to the work and achievements of Marjorie Uhry Liebman. Materials include note cards from her speeches, personal calendars, cards from Scott-Liebman and the League of Women Voters, a copy of LSU Alumni News featuring Liebman, programs from Atlanta's Woman of the Year awards banquet, annual financial reports from Scott-Liebman, and various newspaper clippings featuring Liebman. One item of particular interest is a copy...
Collection number: ahc.MSS857f
Scope and Content This collection documents Roy Bell's 1952 campaign for the position of city Alderman for the 4th Ward. Included are ballots and pamphlets from the Negro Voters League and the League of Women Voters, campaign postcards for other candidates, a bumper sticker, and campaign speeches. The collection also includes newspaper clippings and a draft of the 1952 act to create a new charter for the City of Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.MSS504
Scope and Content This collection consists of materials removed from a group of scrapbooks and includes pamphlets, programs, invitations, political ephemera, periodicals, posters, advertisements, and some correspondence.
Collection number: ahc.MSS417
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of materials produced by the Atlanta Chapter of the United Nations Association. Included in the collection is correspondence, minutes, programs, and project plans.
- Names: League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County X
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Politics and government 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Georgia -- Politics and government 2
- Schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Voting -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Women -- Political activity -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- African Americans -- Georgia 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- United States 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Race relations 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Mayor (1941-1942 : LeCraw) 1
- Businesswomen -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Campaign paraphernalia 1
- Charities -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Churches -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Civil rights -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- DeKalb County (Ga.) -- History 1
- Education -- Arkansas 1
- Education -- Georgia 1
- Education -- Study and teaching 1
- Education -- Virginia 1
- Georgia -- Newspapers 1
- Historians 1
- History -- Research -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Invitation cards -- Georgia 1
- Mayors -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Biography 1
- Neighborhoods -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Political campaigns -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Political parties -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- School integration -- Georgia 1
- Segregation -- Georgia 1
- Segregation -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. -- Georgia 1
- Transportation -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women -- Awards -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women -- Political activity -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- Georgia 1
- Women civic leaders -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women teachers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women-owned business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1 ∧ less