Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection number: ahc.MSS571
Scope and Content This collection consists of correspondence, financial papers, ledgers, receipts, legal papers, advertisements, insurance papers, newspaper clippings, patent documents, and other papers pertaining to Augustus Robert Jones and the Jones family. The bulk of the collection is comprised of Jones's personal correspondence and financial records about the family cotton business. Also included are pocket diaries containing records of business and household purchases, printed papers such as price lists...
Dates: 1855-1908, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1107
Scope and Content Eliza Jones accumulated this collection to document the genealogy of her extended families as well that of her husband, Waldo Jones. Materials include correspondence that documents her daily life and views, financial records, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and diaries. The collection also contains papers from her and Waldo Jones's extended family. Families represented include the Woolford, Grant, Slaton, Harris, Fitz-Randolph, Martin, Waldo, Winslow, Felder, and Jackson families.
Dates: 1789-1992, undated; Majority of material found within 1860 - 1970
Collection number: ahc.MSS191f
Scope and Content This collection contains an 1862 letter from James Dunwoody Jones, a 2nd Lieutenant and Drill Master from Georgia, and his reminiscences of the Civil War. The collection also contains documents relating to members of his family; specifically, a memorial to the Reverend John Jones. The collection also contains a hand written speech to the Confederate Veterans; and two 18th century documents belonging to Elizabeth Munro. The documents appear to be a listing of items on an account. The documents...
Dates: 1788-1895, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS190f
Scope and Content This collection contains documents of members of the Jones family of Georgia, including William E. Jones; B. A. Jones; Paul H. Jones; Roger Jones; Linda Davis Jones; and G. Carpenter Jones. Included are copies of documents showing conversions of dollars between colonial states and a copy of an 1863 letter about the battle of Chancellorsville. Also included are original documents such as correspondence featuring a letter to G. C. Jones signed by Eugene Talmadge; a report card; a pass to the...
Collection number: ahc.VIS227
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Bobby Jones, Jr., his wife, Mary Malone Jones, and their three children: Clara Malone Jones Black (1925-1994); Robert Tyre Jones, III (1926-1973); and Mary Ellen Jones Hood (b. 1931). Also included are photographs of his parents, Robert Permedus Jones, Sr. (1879-1956) and Clara Merrick Thomas Jones (1881-1961), grandchildren of Bobby Jones, and acquaintances of the family. Most of the images in the collection are informal snapshots of the family taken at...
Dates: approximately 1910-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS327
Scope and Content The collection contains portraits of Reverend Sam Jones and his family members as well as photos of their residences, house decorations and various celebrations. In addition, there are photographs of Reverend Sam Jones' congregations.
Dates: 1870-1953, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS126
Scope and Content The collection is primarily correspondence pertaining to Samuel P. Jones’ revival activities and letters from family members. Most of the letters are photocopies; however, a few are originals. In general, the revival correspondence references planning activities for future meetings as well as building projects. The majority of the Laura Jones correspondence is of a personal nature and the receipts are for incidental purchases. Receipts of interest include a buggy ordered by Reverend Samuel...
Collection number: ahc.MSS192f
Scope and Content This collection contains letters regarding land grants and tax records for various members of the family of Susan Williams Jones. The papers cover several locations in Georgia including Dallas in Paulding County; Milledgeville in Baldwin County; and Summerville in either Richmond County or Chattooga County. The Summerville papers mention"the wild lands."
Dates: 1826-1910, undated
- Names: Jones family X
- Evangelistic sermons -- Georgia 2
- Finance, Personal -- Georgia 2
- Athletics -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Race relations 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Automobiles -- 1940-1950 1
- Business records -- Georgia 1
- Cartersville (Ga.) 1
- Chancellorsville, Battle of, Chancellorsville, Va., 1863 1
- Children -- Georgia 1
- Civil rights movements -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- History -- 20th century 1
- Clothing & Dress -- 1930-1940 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1940-1950 1
- Clothing and dress -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Cotton trade -- Georgia 1
- Diaries 1
- Dining rooms -- 1890-1900 1
- Family life -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Family life -- Georgia -- Decatur 1
- Farms -- Georgia 1
- Georgia -- Genealogy 1
- Georgia -- History -- 1815-1861 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Georgia -- Race relations 1
- Golf -- Georgia 1
- Golf -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Plantation life -- Georgia. 1
- Portrait photography 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Georgia 1
- Religious institutions -- Georgia 1
- Revivals -- Georgia 1
- Sea Island (Ga.) 1
- Socialites -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Sports -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- United States -- Race relations 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- Wedding decorations -- Georgia -- Decatur 1
- West Point (Ga.) -- History 1 ∧ less