Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Dates: 1982-2008, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Dates: 1918-2010, undated; Majority of material found within 1979 - 2010
Scope and Content This collection contains drawings of projects including private gardens, corporate clients, schools, cultural institutions, large developments, parks, and cemeteries. Notable projects are the Atlanta Historical Society (Atlanta History Center), Atlanta Botanical Garden, Coca-Cola Headquarters Complex, Piedmont Hospital, Agnes Scott College, Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and a large cross section of private residences in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta. Also a part of...
Dates: 1928-2013, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
Scope and Content This collection contains slides, photographs, and negatives taken or collected by Cothran depicting topics such as botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; and historic gardens of the Southeast, other regions of the United States, and Europe. Material also includes images used in Cothran's lectures and books he authored. The majority of the collection consists of images taken by Cothran on his travels or collected during...
Dates: 1932-2011, undated
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Dates: 1937-1997, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of both William L. Monroe, Sr. and William L. Monroe, Jr., as part of the Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Company, and represent a wide variety of clients including residential, commercial, churches, and parks. Of special note is a landscape plan of Chastain Woods for Chastain Memorial Park.
Dates: 1934-1987, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs and postcards which provide details of the personal, military, and professional career of Norman Butts in New York, France, and Georgia. Included are images of his early family life, college years at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, and landscaping projects in Atlanta, Georgia. Both Butts' work with Ashford Park Nurseries in Brookhaven and his own Atlanta landscaping business are represented. Of special interest are photographs of the gardens and...
Dates: 1880-1946, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains landscape drawings, plant lists, concept and site plans, and surveys that provide details of work done by Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc., as well as earlier work with Daugherty/Anderson and Associates. The work of a few other architects is included such as Edward L. Daugherty and E. S. Draper. The majority of projects are of residential landscapes.
Scope and Content This collection contains documents which provide details of residential and commercial work by landscape architect William C. Pauley. Materials include plant lists, correspondence, and specifications. Projects are mainly from the Southeastern states and most of the work consists of residential clients from Georgia. Parks, cemeteries, and a hotel are included in Pauley's commercial clients. Of special interest are documents for East View Cemetery in Rome, Georgia, and Lincoln Memorial Park...
Dates: 1922-1953, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of chiefly residential properties in Atlanta and other cities in Georgia and North Carolina. Some of the drawings from 1982-1985 were created by Franklin-Smith Associates of which Smith was a landscape architect. Also part of the collection is a business poster and landscape plans for parks and a subdivision. Of special interest are drawings for the Schlaifer residence in Atlanta and the Williamson residence, Salubrity Hall, in Augusta.
Dates: 1976-2013, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains contracts, correspondence, invoices, and task lists that detail landscape projects and involvement with clients. Also a part of the collection are landscape plans and plant lists. Of special interest is a portfolio of completed landscape work for the Schlaifer residence in the Tuxedo Park neighborhood of Atlanta.
Dates: 1976-2015, undated
- Gardens -- Design 12
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 8
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 7
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 6
- Formal gardens -- Design 5
- Landscape architecture -- Southern States 5
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 4
- Landscape design -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 3
- Land use -- Planning 2
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Georgia 2
- Nursery growers -- Georgia 2
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Brookhaven (Ga.) 1
- Camp Lee (Va.) 1
- Cemeteries -- Georgia 1
- City planning 1
- City planning -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 1
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Ithaca (N.Y.) 1
- Landscape architecture -- United States 1
- Landscape design -- Southern States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States -- History 1
- Landscapes -- Georgia 1
- Landscapes -- New York (State) 1
- Parks -- Georgia 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States -- History 1
- Poughkeepsie (N.Y.) 1
- Roses -- Varieties 1
- Urban gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Waterfalls -- New York (State) 1
- Women landscape architects -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 4
- Franklin-Smith Associates 3
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Daugherty, Edward L. 2
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 1
- Anderson, Richard, 1947- 1
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Butts family 1
- Butts, Norman C. 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cothran, James R. 1
- Daugherty/Anderson and Associates 1
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 1
- Martin, Julia Orme 1
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 1
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 1
- Norman C. Butts Nursery (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Pauley, William C. (William Crooks) 1
- Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc. 1
- William T. Smith and Associates Inc. 1 ∧ less