Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content This collection contains documents pertaining to the Georgia Bicentennial Celebration, and includes a budget report, event programs, meeting minutes, plaque design plans, and speech drafts. There is also correspondence between Mrs. Joseph R. Lamar (Clarinda) and other members of the executive board with the English Speaking Union in London inviting the descendants of the original 71 trustees to the celebration. In addition, there are pamphlets with information on the English Speaking Union and...
Scope and Content This scrapbook contains clippings about Eugene Talmadge's first campaign for governor in 1933, his inauguration, and Governor Richard Rusell's final address to the Georgia general assembly.
- Names: Talmadge, Eugene X
- Georgia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 1
- Georgia -- Politics and government 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- English-Speaking Union 1
- Georgia Bicentennial Commission (1933) 1
- Howell, Hugh Hawkins, 1888-1979 1
- Lamar, Clarinda Pendleton 1
- National Society Colonial Dames of America in the State of Georgia 1